Windows 7 Explorer not showing drive while it shows in computer management

" and for the first time I have not been able to access anything on the blade."

“first time”?  What have you installed since the last time it worked.

I solved the same  problem by unistalling ASUS iCharger utility. There was no regular ways to uninstall it. So i have to use REVO Uninstaller.

BTW Sony PC Companion does not prevent my SanDisk Cruser Fit works with 

sorry for Google translate =)

UPD   i was wrong !

the problem persists ,  but i’ve found some regularity.

my  SanDisk Cruser Fit works well if it was plugeed in after BIOS booting, but before OS start  (Win7x64)

if plug SanDisk Cruser Fit and then press start button BIOS doesn’t starts, just LOGO .

if plug SanDisk Cruser Fit after Windows starts - USB drive doesn’t work

my MB ASUS  P8B75-M LE 

if plug SanDisk Cruser Fit and then press start button BIOS doesn’t starts, just LOGO .”

Be sure BIOS Boots hard drive first.

No,  it means that POST doesn’t finished

Yep - Remove the Kies Drivers - Sandisk should then show up - worked for me and I tried EVERYTHING.

Ironic really given the Kies Drivers took so long to install (difficulty).

i returned the sandisk and got a lexar which has no issues what so ever coz i realised many r having this issue and no solution has been provided till now

and no solution has been provided till now

That is simply not true.  Various solutions have been posted from disabling conflicting apps to returning them to SanDisk for replacements.

disabling or uninstalling conflicting apps isnt a solution because almost all other brand flash disks work flawless with the same apps.

secondly replacing them also doesnt solve it untill some firmware update or driver update is provided

secondly replacing them also doesnt solve it untill some firmware update or driver update is provided

Based on what the people who have replaced them with RMAs have reported here that is not true.

It was KIES!

This has taken me a couple of days to figure out i was uninstalling, deleting files and all the time it was KIES

thank you to the person who mentioned it first.

I had same prob with Win 7 Pro 64bit computer. I put music from a Vista 32bit computer and transferred on to my Win 7 64bit computer. everything worked great on both computers. next day I put new music on my 16gb Firebird Cruzer Blade from the Vista computer. when I plugged it into the Win 7 computer it was not useable. Sometimes it was recognized on My Computer, but still could not be accessed. Some Windows optional update or Adobe Flash Player 11 update was the problem. uninstalling the updates didn’t work. when I restored my computer to 4 days ago, everything works again.

by the way, my vista computer has Kies software on it and the sandisk flash drive works fine. must be a win 7 and Kies software issue. my win 7 computer has never had that software on it.

Here is an update to my last post. After using a recovery point my flash drive installed the driver and worked well. After removing it and plugging it back in it stopped working again. After a minute or so it gets assigned a drive letter (e) but can’t be used. Shows no bytes used or available in properties. I went and used the same recovery point and after the drive installed successfully again and worked. After taking it out and putting it back in, it stopped working again.

Why is this happening?

Windows.

Windows update.  Windows security app update.  Windows app update (Java).  A virus.

turned out it wasn’t a windows update or java update. i could get the flash drive to be seen if I deleted the USB driver. then searched for new hardware and removed and plugged the flash drive back in. it would then work perfectly until the drive was unplugged and used on my other computer. no viruses or malware was on the computer either.

it turned out the real problem was similar to all the other people using Kies software. after I deleted HTC sync software the drive works normally, and has all day since doing that earlier today. I can live without this software on my computer, so I’ll leave it off.

SanDisk needs to find out why there is a conflict between their new flash drives, Win 7 64bit software and phone sync software (samsung Kies, and HTC sync).

Thanks Lucasz.

Killed the three Kies processes and hey presto, USB drive was back to normal.

For the record, I also had the same problem with non-Sandisk USB drives.

Samsung need to get their finger out and fix this in their Kies software…

I had the same issue and thought it was the drive itself since my other drives worked w/o issue.  I called the company that I bought it from and told them that it was not recognized by Windows (Win7 64 bit) and that I wanted to return it.  They informed me that the 14 day return-by date had passed.  I was not happy since it was the 15th day and told them that I was going to dispute the charge on my CC.  They then did a one-time credit (within 3 days) and told me that I did not have to return it to the store.  I then found myself on Google looking for an answer and Kies was the issue in my case.

So now I have a free drive that works, yeah!  :laughing:

Update:  The refund has been received!

Exactly the solution I need. Somehow it happen to my SanDisk thumbdrive only. Kill all 3 processes of Kies and it solves my headache! Thanks!

I am still facing the issue. Code: BI120923693N

Thanks.

What have you tried to resolve the problem?

Not true at all!  Unless you happen to have this Kies software, or HTC software, the problem is NOT SOLVED

I dont have either of these, I have an iPhone, but none of the programs or applications people have said are causing the problem are installed on my computer.  This is utter trash, I’m sick of having to deal with this.  Why do we buy a USB drive?  For efficient and effective storage and transfer of files…  so ideal to have to comb multiple forums and hope someone finds the program that is screwing up your computer finding the drive.

Help me fix it on my computer please tech support