Scroll wheel and buttons stopped working after I opened it up to check sautering.

First of all, I had been having ALOT of issues with the headphone jack. As soon as I’d move my headphone in the jack, it would switch to one ear or just not work. So I tried to open it up to check the sautering ,and when I put it back together, oh look, the scroll wheel and buttons don’t work! (I’ve only had this thing for a few months now) I looked about the Ribbon Cable and it’s locking mechanism, and found that sometimes it becomes loose. I’ve tried putting that back in many times now, and still no change. 

I’d really like some help on how to make my Sansa Fuze not a brick. 

There is a yearlong warranty on a new Fuze. Call 1-866-SANDISK. I don’t know if you have voided the warranty by opening it.

I am hopping mad that after very little use the scroll wheel is defective and does not perform anymore properly.  In music mode ‘play all’ you can no longer scroll and select what you want.  You have to let it run its course.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas of how to put this right - short of throwing it away and never go near SanDisk again.  Nobody wants to know anymore. Once they have done the sale and have your money they could not care about you anymore. They have all the excuses under the sun.

I am hopping mad that after very little use the scroll wheel is defective and does not perform anymore properly.  In music mode ‘play all’ you can no longer scroll and select what you want.  You have to let it run its course.  Very frustrating.  Any ideas of how to put this right - short of throwing it away and never go near SanDisk again.  Nobody wants to know anymore. Once they have done the sale and have your money they could not care about you anymore. They have all the excuses under the sun. I DID NOT OPEN IT UP.

If you have a generalized scrollwheel problem, i.e., your “music mode ‘play all’” is not the only time you see the problem, and it’s one where you can’t get the scrollwheel to move (as opposed to the wheel moving but the software not responding), then spraying the scrollwheel with electronic contact cleaner might help.  That has worked several times for me when I had a sticky, recalcitrant scrollwheel.  I spray it generously right onto the face of the player, then work the wheel free.

vaterlaus, did you try manually reloading the latest firmware?

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

While you were hopping, did you actually call 1-866-SANDISK ?

if it’s just something odd with “Play All,” then replacing the firmware might well fix it.

If it’s a mechanical problem and unit is less than a year old, Sandisk should replace it under warranty.