screen goes off when I touch the wheel

I just got a fuze v1 and updated to the newest firmware and everything seems to be working fine, it syncs and the screen looks great, but when I touch the wheel the screen goes blank for 4 seconds then comes back on. it will stay on fine for ages, then just go blank as as soon as I touch it.

I’ve pushed the on/off up and held it for a 60 seconds more than once, formatted it in windows, reapplied the firmware and the screen still goes off when I tried to use it. Any ideas? 

I should add that while it’s connected to my pc the screen stays on forever and button presses don’t affect the screen, which leads me to believe that the screen itself is ok.

Steve Jobs would say “don’t touch it like that.” :smileyvery-happy:

Seriously though, I don’t know. Did this only start after you updated the firmware? Have you tried rolling back to the previous version?

It was like that when I got it, so I updated the firmware to see if it would help. I’ve emailed the seller and I’m just going to ask for a refund, methinks. If this was fixable type of glitch I’m sure I would have come across a solution by now. It must be faluty.

Narza wrote:

I just got a fuze v1 and updated to the newest firmware and everything seems to be working fine, it syncs and the screen looks great, but when I touch the wheel the screen goes blank for 4 seconds then comes back on. it will stay on fine for ages, then just go blank as as soon as I touch it.

I’ve pushed the on/off up and held it for a 60 seconds more than once, formatted it in windows, reapplied the firmware and the screen still goes off when I tried to use it. Any ideas? 

This is a hardware-related issue and is not fixable by you. It is defective. Take (or send) it back to whenever you bought it from.

Narza wrote:
I should add that while it’s connected to my pc the screen stays on forever and button presses don’t affect the screen, which leads me to believe that the screen itself is ok.

The buttons are disabled during a data connection, so this means nothng. The screen itself is probably OK; it’s a problem with the wheel and/or the connections within the unit.

I guessed that the buttons where disabled when it was connected, I was just pointing out that the screen had no trouble staying on for extended periods of time. I’m going to send it back, thanks.