SANSA Players Photo Thread

@lewislink wrote:

<–Imgs Removed–>♦

Message Edited by lewislink on 04-18-2009 02:19 AM

Lewis, I assume thats not a fuze but… Could you possibly PM me with info on how you did that? It looks awesome man.

@conversionbox wrote:

@lewislink wrote:

<–Imgs Removed–>♦

Lewis, I assume thats not a fuze but… Could you possibly PM me with info on how you did that? It looks awesome man.

That’s an e200 series. But don’t keep it a secret; I’m sure more people than CB would find the process interesting. I know I would. :smiley:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@lewislink wrote:

<–Imgs Removed–>♦

That’s an e200 series. But don’t keep it a secret; I’m sure more people than CB would find the process interesting. I know I would. :smiley:

I have been considering fabricating a metal (diamond plate) cover for my fuze. I would have that powder coated. But If I decide to just make a metal back for the Fuze powder coat wouldnt work… Just lookin for Ideas.

@conversionbox wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@lewislink wrote:

<–Imgs Removed–>♦

I have been considering fabricating a metal (diamond plate) cover for my fuze. I would have that powder coated. But If I decide to just make a metal back for the Fuze powder coat wouldnt work… Just lookin for Ideas.

It’s merely spray paint, Krylon paint. I let it dry and used my threaded polishing method…the one about restoring the surface of DAPs…to shine it up. This was very easy to do. But make certain you have plenty of replacement cloths when you polish, because the cloths will be ruined with the paint.

And thanks, by the way. I appreciate the comments. :slight_smile:

Silly me… I never thought about customizilng my players; I simply listen to them! :smileyvery-happy:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:
Silly me… I never thought about customizilng my players; I simply listen to them! :smileyvery-happy:

It’s a technical thing. You know, like a waxed car goes faster. A customized DAP sounds sweeter… :smiley:

@lewislink wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

It’s a technical thing. You know, like a waxed car goes faster. A customized DAP sounds sweeter… :smiley:

And of course, RED is the fastest color. :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

@lewislink wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Does that mean that Lewis should hide his e-series when the cops are nearby for fear of a ticket? :stuck_out_tongue:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@lewislink wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Does that mean that Lewis should hide his e-series when the cops are nearby for fear of a ticket? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, they can’t keep up with the speed of my excuses. They usually just me go… :smiley:

Very nice, lewis, and it’s great to see you posting pics of your awesome stuff here, as well!

Thanks Hulk, appreciate the words, as always. How you doing on your great equipment?

@lewislink wrote:
Thanks Hulk, appreciate the words, as always. How you doing on your great equipment?

You’re welcome!

And to answer your question, awesomely.  My Fuze just survived a long trip down to San Antonio and another long trip down to the Texas Gulf Coast.  Played beautifully, sounded great, and everything else held up well.

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 04-24-2009 12:36 PM

The portable rig…:smiley:

And the desktop rig…:smiley: :smileyvery-happy:

Very nice, Marvin.  Are those KSC-75’s the ones with the in-line volume control?

@hulksmashnow wrote:
Very nice, Marvin.  Are those KSC-75’s the ones with the in-line volume control?

Thanks!

Yes, they are…and frankly, I would just as soon they didn’t. One day I thought my Clip was dying on me and it turned out I had accidentally lowered the inline control. Also, the control is a big heavy thing that flops around. But hey, they were only $5.47, so I really am in no position to complain. :smiley:

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 04-24-2009 03:00 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, they are…and frankly, I would just as soon they didn’t. One day I thought my Clip was dying on me and it turned out I had accidentally lowered the inline control. Also, the control is a big heavy thing that flops around. But hey, they were only $5.47, so I really am in no position to complain. :smiley:

You’re welcome!  I paid the same price for mine, and I agree that that that volume control does get in the way.  But, jeez, when they’re that cheap and still sound as good as they do, you just have to grin and bear it!

@hulksmashnow wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Thanks!

You’re welcome!  I paid the same price for mine, and I agree that that that volume control does get in the way.  But, jeez, when they’re that cheap and still sound as good as they do, you just have to grin and bear it!

About 5 minutes with a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing will fix that.  Although as I recall, the wires in the stock cables are like 36 ga or some such horrendously small size.  Very difficult to strip without losing 1 or more strands, use extreme care with sharp instruments when stripping.  You may want to just melt the insulation off if you want to try this, and then tin the wire carefully.

@tenzip wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@hulksmashnow wrote:

Thanks!

About 5 minutes with a soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing will fix that.  Although as I recall, the wires in the stock cables are like 36 ga or some such horrendously small size.  Very difficult to strip without losing 1 or more strands, use extreme care with sharp instruments when stripping.  You may want to just melt the insulation off if you want to try this, and then tin the wire carefully.

I thought about this, but I don’t have a soldering kit, have never used one, and wasn’t sure if the expense of getting one would be worth it or not. Are they expensive, and how much skill is involved?

You can get a cheapie for like $15 at Radio Shack.

No major skillz needed. Just patience and a steady hand.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tenzip wrote:

I thought about this, but I don’t have a soldering kit, have never used one, and wasn’t sure if the expense of getting one would be worth it or not. Are they expensive, and how much skill is involved?

I put some basic advice in a new thread here.