Sansa Media Converter and MPEG-4 Video?

Hey.

So i recieved a new Sansa Fuze this morning (very nice, quite an improvement over my old C240) and i got my entire music library onto my player. Somewhere around 390 songs.

I’ve decided to throw a few videos i have onto the player, but they are all mismatched video of various dimension and format. So i’ve been trying to process them though my AVC (Video converter) all morning to get a proper format - i’ve been using MPEG-4 codecs, as the box says thats what it supports.

Windows Media Player (Which i hate, but use the “sync” feature) either doesn’t support the videotype itself or else says that the player rejects the video, and that its not capable of converting.

So, having exhausted AVI, WMP, MP4, and Mobile MPEG-4 formats, i discover frustratedly that i need to use the Sansa Converter. And the link to it here is, apparantley, broken.

So, can anyone point my to where i can get the converter software?

FoxtrotZero wrote:

Hey.

So i recieved a new Sansa Fuze this morning (very nice, quite an improvement over my old C240) and i got my entire music library onto my player. Somewhere around 390 songs.

I’ve decided to throw a few videos i have onto the player, but they are all mismatched video of various dimension and format. So i’ve been trying to process them though my AVC (Video converter) all morning to get a proper format - i’ve been using MPEG-4 codecs, as the box says thats what it supports.

Windows Media Player (Which i hate, but use the “sync” feature) either doesn’t support the videotype itself or else says that the player rejects the video, and that its not capable of converting.

So, having exhausted AVI, WMP, MP4, and Mobile MPEG-4 formats, i discover frustratedly that i need to use the Sansa Converter. And the link to it here is, apparantley, broken.

So, can anyone point my to where i can get the converter software?

You have to use the Updater software to get it. They started doing this in an effort to track the downloads. What I did was install the updater software, Download SMC, then uninstall the Updater. 

FoxtrotZero, having been in your position fairly recently, I suggest you try Video4Fuze.

I had been trying multiple solutions, but Video4Fuze turned out to be a simple, one-stop solution. It even fulfilled my greatest hope… it was free!

Here’s the discussion with the download links:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=31437

Once the video has converted, I can easily just drag-and-drop it into the Video folder on my Fuze. The only video issues I have now are related to how the Fuze version 2 deals with fast forwarding, and that is independent of the conversion software or the file itself.

Nubilee wrote:

FoxtrotZero, having been in your position fairly recently, I suggest you try Video4Fuze.

I had been trying multiple solutions, but Video4Fuze turned out to be a simple, one-stop solution. It even fulfilled my greatest hope… it was free!

Here’s the discussion with the download links:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=31437

Once the video has converted, I can easily just drag-and-drop it into the Video folder on my Fuze. The only video issues I have now are related to how the Fuze version 2 deals with fast forwarding, and that is independent of the conversion software or the file itself.

V4F is a great second choice, I dont recommend it first simply because I havent used it. People who have used it have reported great experiences with it though.   

Conversionbox, I know exactly what you mean. I’m loathe to suggest things unless I’m absolute sure they work for me.

I appreciate knowing that about you, and it makes your posts that much more valuable to me.

The Sansa converter download is HUGE…over 100 MG I believe so it will take a while plus the installation takes forever!  Beware…Sansa ■■■■■, take it back while you can.

Err? What? I don’t know whats up with you, but 100 Megs is nothing to me. And the installation took about a minute.

That, and i have had great experience from Sansa.

Anyway, i got the software. I looked around a little and discovered it came with the updater.

Anyway, converting videos to AVI (i’m actually not sure if i want to put my acutal video library into AVI or MPEG-4) and loading them into SMC worked fine.

Thanks.