Sansa M240 audio books

Problem poped up with audio books. Using overdrive media console. I can load the books onto the M240 but, only the first

two files will play then I get the message “Synchronize to continue your music subscription”.

I do not seem to be having trouble with music files.

I have the latest firmware V4.1.08A

Once I play the first two files in an audio book to get the next two files to work I have to format the M240 then sync it

up again.

Format - by locking the M240 then format the device using FAT32. Disconnect after the format - re-connect

then sync device - usually this will alow me to play the first to files of the audio book.  I can play the first two files

of multiple audio books on the M240.

Any ideas

Message Edited by b25crew on 07-24-2007 09:58 PM

Where are you getting the Audio books from?

Overdrive Media console through the local library.

M240 was working fine till this week. I don’t know of any changes.

Actually read a couple more treads - found a suggestion to put the USB in “auto”.

So I formatted the M240 - pulled the USB waited for the database update. Set the USB to “auto”

then transfered 5 chapters to the M240 and it now seems to be working.

I’ll keep you posted hopefully it will continue to work.

Great little product.

Only on going issue I have had if you try to fast forward a book - usually these books are 50 to 70 minutes if

I try to go past 20 minutes fast forwarding - the M240 will move to the next chapter/file.

Message Edited by b25crew on 07-25-2007 10:41 PM

glad to hear you got it working, and better yet that browsing the forum helped!!!

feel free to post any updates, comments or concerns.

Sorry, I don’t seem to know how to make a new topic, so I’ll just reply it here.

I’ve had a problem with my Mp3 lately, and sooner or later I won’t be able to use it anymore.

First time it happend was when the songs disapeared in my mp3, but the amount of bytes space was the same as when I had the songs.

Second happend when the mp3 or the laptop installed a program where it fancies up the mp3 file when plugging in, but when I opend the file, there were the songs that have disapeared, but not the songs I’ve recently had.

The songs in my mp3 are now stuck in there and I can’t get them out.

Is there a way to at least take them out?

Format it.

Ok this is weird. I was again having the same problem with the ability to play 2 of the files then “synchronize  to continue your music subscription”  I had no recolection of ever having this issue before. I search the internet and find a solution from MYSELF.

WTF?

Putting the M240 USB mode to AUTO seems to have taken care of the problem (AGAIN!)

To weird!!

later

b25crew

@b25crew wrote:

Ok this is weird. I was again having the same problem with the ability to play 2 of the files then “synchronize  to continue your music subscription” 

Putting the M240 USB mode to AUTO seems to have taken care of the problem (AGAIN!)

The reason this works is that your DRM-encrypted files require MTP mode so that the licence information and time limitations (in the case of ‘borrowed’ library books) are transferred to the device.

The AUTO mode defaults to MTP mode whenever possible. It will only switch to MSC mode if an MTP connection is not possible.