Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Did this firmware fix the pitch correction issue with the Fuze?  Where many people reported that the Fuze was playing music off pitch, and the Sansa reps confirmed?

Yes.

01.02.26 dosen’t work for me!  Sansa fuze 8GB.

• Fuze screen freezes (black) after a couple of minutes of playing (only reset works)

• The first album in my list is only shown as ‘2’. No text is shown. The same happens when I delete the MP3’s and upload new!

it seems buggy to me!

@iceman wrote:

01.02.26 dosen’t work for me!  Sansa fuze 8GB.

• Fuze screen freezes (black) after a couple of minutes of playing (only reset works)
  • The first album in my list is only shown as ‘2’. No text is shown. The same happens when I delete the MP3’s and upload new!

it seems buggy to me!

Did you format the player after installing the f/w upgrade?  If not, back up your music on the internal memory, format, then re-load.

Just had the same black screen symptom myself also

Fuze 2Gb

Also seems to “hang” a lot.

Returned firmware to ver 22 and all ok again.

Other prob I found listed here…

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=24202

Message Edited by Chimera on 04-14-2009 02:27 PM

Same problem here.  Figured out how to reproduce it…seems to only be a problem when the volume meter is displayed at the same moment when the scrolling display shifts from one line (e.g. the album name) to another (e.g. the track name). 

I had the player on shuffle, and wanted to see the track’s name, so just wiggled the volume one “click” up/down, to keep the screen lit (rather than adjust the time limit to dim the screen).

Really thank you for support! I was not using my fuze anymore beacause of the bug wich hang the player with ogg file (I’ve by it for that!)… You’ve done a great work with this firmware! Navigation folder is maybe “THE” thing wich made difference (I don’t really like “Tag navigation” because I manage my songs myself).

Really really thank you! I have a lot of friends wich search for a good OGG player and now you solve the OGG crash and the navigation by folder, I can say you are the best OGG player!

Thank you!

Now: request :slight_smile:

First: When will there be possible to save (and manager) directly into the player, many playlists? (There isjust one for the moment, or you have to play existing playlist but it’s impossible to manage playlist directly in the player)

Second (to the community): About the replay gain, If I desactivate replaygain in the playerbut have replaygain wrote in the file, there will use the replaygain in the file? I just askfor more information (or link where I canfind infos).

Thanks all! And good continuation to Sansa!

Bye!

Narann wrote: 

Second (to the community): About the replay gain, If I desactivate replaygain in the playerbut have replaygain wrote in the file, there will use the replaygain in the file? I just askfor more information (or link where I canfind infos).

The replaygain value is written to the metadata in the file, and if you don’t enable it in the playback, it is just ignored.

Hydrogenaudio.org is a good place to find more information.

Good speed for respond! :slight_smile:

@tenzip wrote:

Narann wrote: 

The replaygain value is written to the metadata in the file, and if you don’t enable it in the playback, it is just ignored.

Hydrogenaudio.org is a good place to find more information.

Thank you for this informations. I will see Hydrogenaudio.org.

About replay gain, I thought that when you activate it, it “calculate” automaticly the replay gain. So, I have another question (more technique):

There is 2 replay gain “mode”: album and track. I suppose (but I’m not sure) that you can have two replay gain data (track and album) in a same file, and the player use the replay gain you’ve selected. Is’nt right? If not, how work the replay gain option depending how you have chosen?

It’s maybe stupid question but I just want to understand. :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

Best

Both the Album Gain and the Track Gain are stored in the file - the player is set to select which to use.

@nickc wrote:

Both the Album Gain and the Track Gain are stored in the file - the player is set to select which to use.

Ok thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi guys

I have a problem with SansaUpdaterInstaller. During the installation im getting this http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5543/sansaerror.jpg
Whats the problem?

Message Edited by James34 on 04-15-2009 07:45 AM

Message Edited by James34 on 04-15-2009 07:45 AM

I have replay gain turned off, and it is still acting like it is on. It hangs up (around 10 seconds) when changing tracks. I have it switched off and it still… changes it. Whenever loading up a song with it on (even though it is off) it literally takes ten seconds, even when resuming playback. I checked the file info and it says that the gain is adjusted. What is up with that?

@deadcereal wrote:
I have replay gain turned off, and it is still acting like it is on. It hangs up (around 10 seconds) when changing tracks. I have it switched off and it still… changes it. Whenever loading up a song with it on (even though it is off) it literally takes ten seconds, even when resuming playback. I checked the file info and it says that the gain is adjusted. What is up with that?

Now I’m glad I didn’t do anything with it.:wink:

I have a wierd issue with the folders on my Sansa Fuze 4gb v1

I have always had all my music seperated into folders, none of which have very long names. When I go into the folder view I can see most of them. What is wierd is a new “folder” that has mysteriously appeared called “new folder” that has somehow combined 4 seperate folders all into 1 all new “combined” folder.

Any ideas of what’s going on?No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get them to show up as different folders.

As a note I do have folders within folders so that I have different folder.jpg that I loaded in so the artwork changes more and have about 74 folders if that makes any difference at all. Still, the 4 folders that have been combined into the “New Folder” have no subfolders in them.

Not sure what to make of this.

I used MTP mode (Autodetect).  Now, I tried to make a new folder and renamed it in Windows Explorer.  It changed there, but said “New Folder” on the Fuze, similarly, it added strange numbers to the beginning of some folders.  Try formatting and reloading all your music in MSC mode (Settings–>System Settings–>USB Mode–>MSC)

Hope it helps!

going back to 22

after deleting a video using the Fuze menu,

the main menu goes from a “curve” display with all items to only displaying the last menu you used

the video itself is black and although you can get back to the list of videos, none play

not yet ready for release…

ill upload pix later.

Why when i turn my sansa on MSC mode, pc recognizes 2 removable discs ??

One has the proper capacity of the device and the other is not accessible. No SD card is in use. On properties of that not accessible volume, shows zero byte capacity and unknown file system.

My OS is XP SP3 (32bit)

On MTP mode working and recognized fine.

Message Edited by psytransas on 04-16-2009 02:11 AM

It’s normal for MSC mode to show the card slot as a second drive even when there’s no card inserted.

And why cant i see the content from one mode to the other ?

Music folder for example…

Its loaded on MTC, empty on MSC…