Sansa Fuze Firmware Update 01.02.26 & 02.02.26

Thanks a lot for the firmware update!:smileyvery-happy: I will try it out later when I have time.

@promisedplanet wrote:

So it still re-reads the contents of the expansion card even if it’s only the internal memory’s contents that have changed, not the expansion card?

If so, the bug still exists, and that’s a show-stopper for me.

It may refresh faster, but if I have a 16GB microSD card in there full of MP3s, and it re-reads the whole thing … that’s going to take a long time.

My4GB Fuze with 8GB card refreshed after a complete format and reloading in less than 3 minutes. :wink:

Is it just me, or is the new frmware just a little glitchy? I was adjusting the volume, and That little white bar that shows the time elapsed, and the volume, etc., just dissapeared and came back when it switched back to the time elapsed bar. And it kind of did this a few more times, and I’ve never seen this happen before. Does this happen to any one else?

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Is it just me, or is the new frmware just a little glitchy? I was adjusting the volume, and That little white bar that shows the time elapsed, and the volume, etc., just dissapeared and came back when it switched back to the time elapsed bar. And it kind of did this a few more times, and I’ve never seen this happen before. Does this happen to any one else?

Nope! :smiley:

Ok. I think someone wrote that somewhere else, but I’m not sure. Oh, and a stupid question. Has the “Track Info” button under music options always been there?

Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 04-11-2009 08:11 PM

@saxmaster765 wrote:
Ok. I think someone wrote that somewhere else, but I’m not sure. Oh, and a stupid question. Has the “Track Info” button under music options always been there?
Message Edited by saxmaster765 on 04-11-2009 08:11 PM

Track Info is new, and cool. Check it out while you have music playing, if you haven’t yet.

Handy, yes. I just never noticed it before, and I just wanted to know. Thanks!

@saxmaster765 wrote:

I had the problem with the white bar dissapearing, it only happened a few times, then went away, weird.

@jm51 wrote:

@saxmaster765 wrote:

I had the problem with the white bar dissapearing, it only happened a few times, then went away, weird.

Same here…

Hey Saxmaster,

Yeah, I’ve had this problem a few times.  It disappears around the volume button, but the volume button itself does have a white background.  Weird, but not a big deal.  I wish Sansa would just release a patched firmware release, instead of going through the whole development process again.  Little bugs like this one and the "0"s for Audiobooks bother me.  Oh, and I got the “white screen of death” after upgrading to this firmware.  I had never had that happen before.  Also, another little glitch, I was watching a movie and when I went back to the menu, the icon for Music disappeared.  It said music, but there was no icon.  It returned when I turned it back on, but very strange…

I acually had to do the firmware upgrade twice. The first time (using The sansa updater) it said it installed it, and even went through the proccess on the screen saying firmware upgrade in proccess, and when I turned it back on, it didn’t ask for the region, and when I checked it for the version, it said V1.01.22 or whatever it was before this one. So, I connected it back, and and did it again and that time it worked. It glitched twice (before the update) when I turned it on and a video was playing, and I pressed the home button too quickly or something, and it went to the home screen showing what was playing on the little blue bar at the bottom, and after 5 seconds, it went to where it plays music showing a video icon where the album art should be, and when I pressed the home button, It went there and none of the icons were there. Just the words. I had to to reset it, and it did a refresh. And I can reproduce the white bar dissapearance thing by moving the volume up and down a couple of times. I can live with it, though. It still plays music and videos, so it’s ok, I guess.

@snjlapaz wrote:

BadCam: I don’t use podcasts but everything else in folder browsing, music and books, are all showing up in the right track order for me. They’re numbered 01, 02, etc. Most were already numbered but i even numbered some of them right inside the folders in the player. I’m using v2 in msc mode.

You’ll note that in my previous post my files are numbered 01, 02, etc. I’ve since had a little bit more time to go through this and I believe that something isn’t working right with the new Sansa Fuze firmware.

I’ve now go 19 podcasts (which are really just MP3 & Ogg files, nothing special). I have used MP3Tag to number them and they are saved i the Podcasts folder. The order of play prior to the latst firmware was 01, 02, 03 up to 18. This is the order that they’re now playing. Can anyone see how the sequence is being established by the Fuze, because I can’t. I have also added in the Folder play order:

Track Number            Fuze play order     Fuze Folder play Order

01                           06                      08

02                           07                      06

03                           08                      12

04                           09                      18

05                           10                      19    

06                           11                      02

07                           12                      03

08                           13                      10

09                           14                      09

10                           01                      17

11                           15                      16

12                           02                      04

13                           16                      11

14                           17                      07

15                           18                      05

16                           03                      01

17                           04                      13

18                           05                      14

19                           19                      15

There’s one thing about the Fuze update that has been fixed (early days yet, but it appears to have been from the testing I’ve done so far) is that the Ogg files I’ve been having trouble with, now play perfectly:robotvery-happy: Hoooray!!!

So, because of that, I’d really like to keep the newest firmware, but am afraid that uness I can figure out what’s going on with the oder of play problem, I’ll have to revert back to the old firmware.

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

Anybody else has this folder structure on their Fuze? (mine is v2)

Internal

/MTP/Music

External

/MUSIC/Music

In addition, the recent music I’ve sync’ed (Windows Media 11, Windows 7) shows up in the proper folder but one song ended up in a different directory of the same name in its own! Prior to the upgrade, syncing was perfect.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

So it still re-reads the contents of the expansion card even if it’s only the internal memory’s contents that have changed, not the expansion card?

It may refresh faster, but if I have a 16GB microSD card in there full of MP3s, and it re-reads the whole thing … that’s going to take a long time.

My4GB Fuze with 8GB card refreshed after a complete format and reloading in less than 3 minutes. :wink:

How many media files were on the the card, and what class is the card?

Thanks.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 04-13-2009 10:20 AM

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

Thanks.

2,312 songs on the player as a whole, 685 are on the internal, 1,627 on the card, class 2 SanDisk card. When I just re-inserted the card, it refreshed in 1 minute 50 seconds.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

Thanks.

2,312 songs on the player as a whole, 685 are on the internal, 1,627 on the card, class 2 SanDisk card. When I just re-inserted the card, it refreshed in 1 minute 50 seconds.

Thanks for your reply.  One other question … if you delete a song from the internal memory via MTP, does the Fuze do a database refresh, and if so, how long does it take?

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@promisedplanet wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply.  One other question … if you delete a song from the internal memory via MTP, does the Fuze do a database refresh, and if so, how long does it take?

I’ve never used MTP mode, so I’m not sure. MSC all the way for me. 

From the “Known issues” list I thought only the ratings for files on a µSD card would be deleted. Well, I now found out that ALL ratings get deleted after an upgrade.

I just updated my FUZEv1 from 22 to 26 and all ratings were gone. (I don’t use a µSD card!)

Besides of that you should rename the file inside the ZIP “fuze.bin” for the player to keep its feature settings.

A quick update about my uSD card troubles I was having a good 4 pages back or so.

I dd’d it with zeros, repartitioned, mkfs.vfat -F32… And it works just fine. I formatted my Fuze too with it’s builtin format. I reloaded everything in about an hour (there’s a bug with ehci_hcd that prevents you from using full USB2.0 speeds with the Fuze. It’s been fixed but I haven’t upgraded my kernel). The refresh was at most a minute, and everything plays just fine. I’ve used it the past two days and so far there’s no reversion to it not refreshing.

My guess is that something important on the flash broke and the dd allowed the storage controller to find it and work around it.

I’ve been told the format util that was suggested to me does the same thing, a low level format, so it probably does work for Windows users.

I have .ogg files on this Sansa Fuze 4G black that hang the player, but I can play them other places.

Are there still issues with .ogg file playback?  Are there limitations?  There say they’re 44,100 2-channel, and play fine with ogg123, read directly from the Sansa Fuze’s external memory chip when mounted.  If I try to play them on the player, however, they hang at 00:00.