Rockbox 3.7 -- finally stable for the clip+

@chuck_w wrote:

OK But how well does it work for podcasts? Sandisk have a folder setup for podcasts. Does rockbox provide something similar?

I tried Rockbox the other day and couldn’t figure out podcasts. The word ‘podcast’ appears no where in the manual. Anyone?

Is there a play all albums option in database that plays albums in alphabettical order? I’m not a playlist fan. I always load on a bunch of albums and choose play all with the OF. When they are done I delete an fill it up again. I use my clip + and fuze while driving around town all day doing service calls on appliances. I got a mp3 player so I wouldn’t have to keep changing CD’s while driving.

@color43 wrote:

I tried Rockbox the other day and couldn’t figure out podcasts. The word ‘podcast’ appears no where in the manual. Anyone?

You simply play your podcasts like any music file.  I generally play my files in folder mode on Rockbox; when I want to listen to my podcasts, I go to a Podcasts folder I created on the player, which has subfolders for each of the podcast series, and then play the file I want to start with; the player will continue on from one to the next.

@njones wrote:

Is there a play all albums option in database that plays albums in alphabettical order? I’m not a playlist fan. I always load on a bunch of albums and choose play all with the OF. When they are done I delete an fill it up again. I use my clip + and fuze while driving around town all day doing service calls on appliances. I got a mp3 player so I wouldn’t have to keep changing CD’s while driving.

I play my albums in folder mode and simply start the first one; with auto folder advance set to on, the player then plays them all in alpha order.

@miikerman wrote:

@njones wrote:

I play my albums in folder mode and simply start the first one; with auto folder advance set to on, the player then plays them all in alpha order.

Is Folder Mode available on the fuze v1 and the clip+ and where do I find it?

@njones wrote:

Yes and yes. Go to Music and scroll to the bottom of the list (below Artist, Album, etc.).

NOTE: You may have to update the firmware to enable the Folders option. I don’t know about the Clip+, but folder mode was not originally included in the Fuze firmware, it was added later.

@miikerman wrote:

You simply play your podcasts like any music file.  I generally play my files in folder mode on Rockbox; when I want to listen to my podcasts, I go to a Podcasts folder I created on the player, which has subfolders for each of the podcast series, and then play the file I want to start with; the player will continue on from one to the next.

What about bookmarking though. The OF does it automatically when a file in the PODCASTS directory. On Rockbox, do I need to manually bookmark when I want to save my place on podcasts?

@gwk1967 wrote:

@njones wrote:

Yes and yes. Go to Music and scroll to the bottom of the list (below Artist, Album, etc.).

NOTE: You may have to update the firmware to enable the Folders option. I don’t know about the Clip+, but folder mode was not originally included in the Fuze firmware, it was added later.

I mean is there a way with rockbox to play all albums…

@njones wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:

@njones wrote:

http://http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/Rockbox-3-7-finally-stable-for-the-clip/m-p/211944#M33685

@njones wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:

@njones wrote:

Yes (and that’s what I was referring to)–just choose the first album you want through folder navigation and all the following will play as well–as long as you have the setting Auto Change Directory turned on.  (And under the Database, you also can choose All tracks under the Album option.)

@color43 wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

What about bookmarking though. The OF does it automatically when a file in the PODCASTS directory. On Rockbox, do I need to manually bookmark when I want to save my place on podcasts?

Rockbox has various bookmarking settings, as part of which you can set Rockbox to automatically bookmark your files when you stop them, or ask you before doing so.  You can check out the manual at rockbox.org for more info. on the various options.

@miikerman wrote:

@njones wrote:

@gwk1967 wrote:

@njones wrote:

Yes (and that’s what I was referring to)–just choose the first album you want through folder navigation and all the following will play as well–as long as you have the setting Auto Change Directory turned on.  (And under the Database, you also can choose All tracks under the Album option.)

I’m running RB3.7 Can’t find folder option. Auto change directory is turned on, choosing all tracks in Album option in database does just that, plays all tracks in alphabettical order not all albums.

@njones wrote:

I’m running RB3.7 Can’t find folder option. Auto change directory is turned on, choosing all tracks in Album option in database does just that, plays all tracks in alphabettical order not all albums.

Did you use the file browser to select a folder, or the database?

Both. What am I doing wrong. I just want to be able to play all albums in their entirety, one after another.

Fuze v1

@njones wrote:

Both. What am I doing wrong. I just want to be able to play all albums in their entirety, one after another.

Fuze v1

Well, it works for me this way. Scroll down in the file browser to “music” which is the internal memory, select the first track of the first album, and start it…and it will go down the list in order from there. If you wanted to do the same with the external memory, you could do the same.

@njones wrote:

By folder option, I mean not using the Rockbox database to select an album–simply choose the album you want to start with under Files, using the Files Browser.

Thanks, I think I’ve got it now.

Cool–sometimes the easiest things and solutions are the best!   :slight_smile:

Well, took the plunge and the EQ settings really make a difference. A little bump up of the low end and the RE0s are properly balanced, without noticeable distortion.

One problem (or maybe pilot error?) – The Skip (to next track) function occasionally disables for no apparent reason. When it happens the only thing I can do with the right arrow button is press/hold to advance through (FF) the current track. According to the RB forum guidance and the manual I think my settings are correct so the Skip is enabled and most of the time the command functions properly. AFAIK I don’t make any setting changes while playing. Is there something that toggles the Skip on and off? (I’ve had zero problems with the right command under the OF, so I don’t think it’s a hardware defect of the button.)

Just new to Rockbox & Clip + …amazing ! Thanks to all the devolpers .Just wanted Flac but Rockbox is much more than i expected. I wish i could convert my Sony 818 ?