Playing Sansa clip+ through Cadillac XTS stereo system.

I’ve read the 2103 Cadillac XTS manual about how easy it is to play music and books on an MP3.  Dozens of times I followed the instructions without any success.  The XTS has numerous CBS inputs: I’ve tried them all.  I’ve tried changing the MP3’s USB setting, but that doesn’t make any difference.  No matter what I do, I can’t get the XTS to recognize the MP3.  Thoughts?

I don’t know about the Cadillac specifically, however many cars will only read files on an mp3 player if the player is set to MSC mode, and the files are in main memory. Some car stereos can only see files in the player’s root. You could of course connect the player’s headphone jack to the car’s line in, and get full functionality of the player. 

I didn’t know the 2103 models were out yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

What is the format of the songs on your Clip+? Most (if not all) car stereo systems will only recognize and play .mp3 or (non-DRM encrypted) .wma files.

@jk98 wrote:

I don’t know about the Cadillac specifically, however many cars will only read files on an mp3 player if the player is set to MSC mode, and the files are in main memory. Some car stereos can only see files in the player’s root. You could of course connect the player’s headphone jack to the car’s line in, and get full functionality of the player. 

^ +1.

A lot of car stereos can simply read USB storage and play the songs with their own firmware. So you could also just get a cheap thumb USB drive and copy your music onto that.

The car stereo has its own brain–it doesn’t want to share control with your mp3 player.

So either make sure the Sansa is in MSC mode and the albums are in the root directory of the unit itself–not the card slot, not inside a Music folder–or just get a thumb drive. 

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will try them and let you know.

Hi Sandy, just curios on this. Can you please post on which one did the trick for you?