no pause when voice recording

I tried a soft reset & checked for updates…no luck. Any ideas? Do these things wear out every couple of years? I’ve had one or two before that broke. Thanks!

There won’t be any more updates. Use the manual method and reinstall the current firmware.

Does the pause button work when you’re playing music? If not, it may be mechanically broken, indeed worn out after a few years.

Thanks for the reply. I actually don’t use it for music - just as a pocket recorder. I think you might be right about the mechanical wear. I also noticed a glitch in a recent voice recording that sounds like an old fashioned vinyl record skipping! Strange.

“Skipping” sometimes means your headphone jack is not fully plugged in.

When you play back a voice recording, can you Pause it?

Thanks again for yr input. i don’t use headphones or play back a recording on the Clip. I just record notes to myself & dnload to my computer where I listen. There is where I heard the “skip”. I thought maybe it got bumped while recording?? 

This rarely has occurred to me.  The first time, I found rhe sound that emitted so bizarre and oddly out-of-place.

One thing to try:  a manual refresh of the firmware (see the firmware sticky thread here)–sometimes a firmware glitch can develop.

This rarely has occurred to me.  The first time, I found the sound that emitted so bizarre and oddly out-of-place.

One thing to try:  a manual refresh of the firmware (see the firmware sticky thread here)–sometimes a firmware glitch can develop.