No Drivers for Cruzer Edge 16gb

I have just got the cruzer edge usb flash drive and pluged it into my laptop, the device failed to install due to no drivers.

now when i plug it in nothing happens and it isnt showing in Disk drives under Device manager. It is however showing in Other Devices with a yellow warning triangle, and when opened from here displays the message

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

Upon clicking Update Drivers it attemps to search for drivers then gives me a message saying

Windows could not find device driver software for your device.

any help would be appreciated

USB drive use the native Microsoft Mass Storage Class (MSC) driver. If you choose select driver from a list this is the one you should look for. 

It is possible that driver may be missing or corrupt on your system. Do you have any other USB drives that are working on this system?

yes i have 2 others that work just fine

in that case in device manager choose update driver and then choose from a list. The MSC driver is the one you will need to use. If that does not work I would test the drive on another computer. if it fails there as well it may be a bad drive. 

i say they work just fine… they did do not tested them since this problem occured, will dig one out and test it in the morning, but your correct on the driver being missing, struggling to find somewhere to download said driver from tho.

Any idea where i can get this driver from, i have checked windows update and its all aparently upto date

altho my other ones still work so is this even a driver issue??