My computer sees the Fuze, but the screen won't turn on - even after 20 sec reset.

I dug up my Sansa Fuze after a few months of storage today. I plug it into my MacBook Pro and I can see the drive load when I plug it in, but the Fuze doesn’t seem to turn on. I tried the reset several times with no difference. Any idea what I can do?

The hard reset fixed the problem, found the solution here: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-Fuze/Has-my-week-old-Fuze-died-Now-Resolved-by-Sansa-Tech-Support/td-p/51699

Nice of you to share this. A lot of users will benefit from your experience. +1. 

Just to be clear . . . the “hard reset” nachorevolution spoke of is not a “hard reset” at all. There is no “hard reset” capable on this player.

The thread he linked to advised manually re-installing the firmware, which is something completely different that a reset.

Just to be clear . . . the “hard reset” nachorevolution spoke of is not a “hard reset” at all. There is no “hard reset” capable on this player.

The thread he linked to advised manually re-installing the firmware, which is something completely different from a reset.