My Clip Sport seems to skip songs that are 10 minutes or longer?

Hi Folks,

I just got my Clip Sport - it’s a nice little player, but it’s skipping over any songs that are more than 10 minutes long. (I have a couple rock medleys at 15 and 17 minutes each. These 2 medleys are on a CD of 8 songs total that I put in as one folder.) It shows songs 1 through 8, but skips over the 2 long ones? Any ideas??

Thanks,

JJ

What format are the files (.mp3, .wma, .aac, etc.)?

They are m4a files. MPEG-4. Most of the files on the Clip are these type of files. I copied them over from Itunes.

Sorry, I should say that what I transferred from Itunes is a mix of mp3 and m4a files. And these aren’t songs I’ve downloaded to other devices.

I think thats normal. If i remember correctly the sport has very limited support for AAC, and won’t have enough memory to parse files longer than a few minutes.

So, if I changed the those m4a files to mp3 and put them back on the Clip, then ithey should play?

Or, if I download the songs to Windows Media Player instead of Itunes as mp3’s, then they should play for sure?

@jerryj wrote:

So, if I changed the those m4a files to mp3 and put them back on the Clip, then ithey should play?

Yes, they should.