Memory expansion

I’m considering purchasing a Sandisk 8G Sansa Clip player. Since I listen mostly to classical music, I need more than 8G of memory for my entire collection on iTunes to fit onto the player. I know that pre-recorded cards are available. Is it possible to add music to the Clip using non-prerecorded cards, bringing memory up to about 30G?

Yes.  The Clip+ (not the original Clip) has a microSD memory card expansion slot (in addition to up to 8GB of iinternal memory).

The best bet right now:  getting an 8GB Clip+ along with a 16GB microSDHC card, each of which you can get for under $60 (the microSD card for as low as around $27 or so ocassionally).  You also could get a 32GB microSD card, if you have a trust fund:  they just came out and are at around $200 right now …

I just ordered the same size Sansa from Amazon, and paitently waiting! Both Sansa and Clip+ accept micro SD Cards. To me, the lowest price is at Amazon.

I ordered Transcend brand 8 GB micro SD cards. I am very satisfied with them. You do not need to use an adapter with the card. When You attach your player (with the card) to the computer, it recognizes both. then, you can drag and drop your music files. If you use the player with itunes, winamp, etc. , I assume you  can choose between the player’s memory and card memory.

Sending you the link for Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb\_sb\_ss\_i\_0\_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=micro+sd&sprefix=micro

Canto;

Just a reminder. If your ripped files are AAC for ipod, I am afraid Sansa players won’t recognize them!. they are easy to convert into mp3’s. ( The Sansa Clip+ MP3 player supports the most popular audio formats, including MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Audible, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC.)

Even itunes converts them. But, you will have to give up some quality when your original source is also a compressed file. You might need to consider reusing original CD’s.

Thanks, Stepk and Miikerman. Solutions greatly appreciated!

An 8GB Polaroid microSD card is available from Fry’s Electronics; at least earlier today, you could buy it via Internet/mail for only $2 shipping.  It’s $7 after rebate–nice price!

Super. 

An 8GB Polaroid microSD card is available from Fry's Electronics; at least earlier today, you could buy it via Internet/mail for only $2 shipping.  It's $7 after rebate--nice price!