Is the new media converter suppose to do this?

i want to put some songs on my fuze that i’m copying from a cd. the extension on the file is .cda  

i tried using the converter but it wont do it, so my question now becomes is the media converter 

capable of converting music files? 

if so HOW?

the media converter is for pitures and video only. you will need to use something like windows media player to rip the CD in MP3 format then you can transfer the MP3s to the player. 

You need a ripping program like Exact Audio Copy

There are plenty of other programs for Windows & other  operating systems. They transcode the data from the CD into MP3, WMA, OGG or FLA files that the Fuze understands. 

SMC is only for videos and pics. To put your CD tracks on the Sansa, you need to “rip” the files to a supported format (WAV, MP3, OGG, FLAC, WMA). Then you can transfer the new files by simple drag-and-drop, or by syncing with Windows Media Player, Winamp, etc. WMP can rip to WAV, MP3 and WMA. You’ll need something else to rip to OGG or FLAC. 

Your computer probably already has a ripper: either Windows Media Player or iTunes. Use them to convert to mp3. Or get Media Monkey or Foobar2000. 

In Windows Media Player, look for Rip.  (Right-click on the very top line if you don’t see it.) Change the options to Rip to mp3 at good quality, 192kbps or above. The default in WMP is to rip to Windows Media Audio (.wma), which the Fuze will also play, but mp3 plays in everything and .wma doesn’t.

MediaMonkey will rip CDs as well and the Fuze seems to get along better with it than with WMP.

Thanks for all the help. i finally figured it out… i felt like an ■■■■■ seeing as it was that simple but i figured it out.

thanks again to one and all.

can someone give me the link to get media monkey? i cant seem to find it via google or msn.

musiclord wrote:
can someone give me the link to get media monkey? i cant seem to find it via google or msn.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

You will have to install lame_enc.dll in Media Monkey, in its folder inside Program Files, to replace the free one that expires.

Get LAME here and unzip it, take lame_enc.dll and replace the one in C:\Program Files\Media Monkey. 

What exactly do I have to do on this site? I see a lot of media mokeys which one do I download?

@musiclord wrote:

What exactly do I have to do on this site? I see a lot of media mokeys which one do I download?

There are only two, the Free version or the Gold version. The free one is all you really need.

Does it matter if I download it from CNET or not?

musiclord wrote:
Does it matter if I download it from CNET or not?

Better to download it from the link in my post on the previous page.

That’s what I’m talking about it’s asking me if I want to “downnload now” or “download from CNET” I just wanted to know if it matters.

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:25 PM

ok there Tommy Boy. Don’t get me started. It was a simple question. :angry: I’m playing I’m actually nice (from time to time) so B E CAREFUL. :stuck_out_tongue: