incomplete video conversion with video4fuze

I have some Ogg videos that I downloaded from the Internet Video Archive.  When I used 

video4fuze to convert them everything seems to work except that the the program quits

and only converts a little over 14 minutes of a 29 minute video.  The 14 minute video plays

fine but I want the whole thing.  I’m using version the 0.6 version of the program and running

it on an old Gateway desktop with Ubuntu 10.04 OS.

If you’d like to try a different method:  I wrote a script for use in Debian, or any other UNIX-like system which has bash, mplayer, mencoder and ffmpeg installed.  You also need fuzemux

The script creates both the video and the thumbnail and works fine.   It’s very simple and easy to use and is certainly suitable for use in Ubuntu. You can get it and read some more at Debian User Forums Video for Fuze
Message Edited by Takla on 05-30-2010 03:51 PM

Message Edited by Takla on 05-30-2010 03:52 PM

mjsabQ wrote:

I have some Ogg videos that I downloaded from the Internet Video Archive.  When I used 

video4fuze to convert them everything seems to work except that the the program quits

and only converts a little over 14 minutes of a 29 minute video.  The 14 minute video plays

fine but I want the whole thing.  I’m using version the 0.6 version of the program and running

it on an old Gateway desktop with Ubuntu 10.04 OS.

Probably better to ask this in the Video4Fuze thread where the writer will see it and hopefully be able to answer/help you. :wink:

Thanks for the replies.  I did find a workaround.  The archive also has mpeg4 files for downloads. 

When I feed these into video4fuze they convert completely.  There’s something fishy about the ogg

files that I download.  If I try to play them with the Ubuntu movie player they don’t work correctly and

the little information line that tells you how much time the file should take to play gives some silly number. 

The ogg files I have tried should play for almost 30 minutes, and video4fuze converts 14.22 minutes of

them.  The conversion plays just fine but quits after 14.22 minutes.  I’ll move my quest to the video4fuze

thread as suggested.