Does Sansa have a player to take SDXC cards?

I know the Clips and Fuzes aren’t compatible with the SDXC cards. But I’m wondering if Sansa has come out with a player that is? I haven’t seen anything.

Can a Rockboxed Clip+ or Fuze take an SDXC card? I haven’t Rockboxed any of my Sansas, but this might be the nudge I need to do so.

No, Sandisk does not offer a player that accepts the SDXC format natively. And with the direction the company seems to be going, I doubt whether you will see one. The dedicated mp3 player market is dwindling as more and moe people are now using their phones or other multi-media devices to play their music. Personally, I believe we will never see another player like the Clip series or Fuze from Sandisk again. They have moved on.

Yes, a Rockboxed Clip+, Clip Zip or Fuze will take an SDXC card. But then so will using the orignal firmware too . . . if you re-format the card to FAT32 instead of the exFAT file format the card natively comes with. RB won’t recognize the SDXC format either, so if this is your only reason to try it, don’t bother. Rockbox has a lot of other features and options not present in the OF (original firmware) so it benefits a lot of people. But it is not for everyone.

Thanks. I’ve done a little more digging around today. Mainly the anythingbutipod forums. They confirm what you said about formatting the SDXC card with FAT32.

It was interesting to read that even if I can get a 64GB microSDXC card to work in my Clip+ or Fuze, I’ll still be bumping into the roughly 8,000 song limit imposed by the original firmware. One poster mentioned he’d rather have 2 x 32 GB microSDHC cards. Definitely worth considering.

Thanks again for the help.

@seymour_kopath wrote:

Thanks. I’ve done a little more digging around today. Mainly the anythingbutipod forums. They confirm what you said about formatting the SDXC card with FAT32.

It was interesting to read that even if I can get a 64GB microSDXC card to work in my Clip+ or Fuze, I’ll still be bumping into the roughly 8,000 song limit imposed by the original firmware. One poster mentioned he’d rather have 2 x 32 GB microSDHC cards. Definitely worth considering.

This it true, but another advantage to Rockbox firmware is that it has no such database limitation.