Does RockBox work on the Sansa Fuze + ?

First of all what do people mean when they say v1 and v2?  Is that the Fuze, and Fuze +, or were there two versions of the original Fuze?

Can I put RockBox on my Fuze + ?  I searched and found a post that someone said there will be a version out by 01/09, or 02/09, well here we are end of 2010.  I tried to load the RockBox on my Fuze +, but it would not do as the directions said and automatically shut off.  Which then I would turnon to reboot with RockBox, it didn’t work this way.

Thanks.

At least the Fuze+ is not listed among the releases of Rockbox. Also, the Rockbox utility only lets you choose Fuse v1 and v2 (I had a v1 until it broke recently, but apparently there had been a later release of the player that still had the scroll wheel, named v2), and AIUI Fuze+ is yet another device.

@nogard wrote:

First of all what do people mean when they say v1 and v2?  Is that the Fuze, and Fuze +, or were there two versions of the original Fuze?

There are 2 hardware versions of the (original) Fuze.

Can I put RockBox on my Fuze + ? 

No.

I searched and found a post that someone said there will be a version out by 01/09, or 02/09, well here we are end of 2010. 

You might have mis-read it. It was referring to the (original) Fuze, not the Fuze+.

I tried to load the RockBox on my Fuze +, but it would not do as the directions said and automatically shut off.  Which then I would turnon to reboot with RockBox, it didn’t work this way.

The Fuze+ just came out a couple of months ago. It is a totally different animal from the original Fuze. Rockbox is not ported to it yet. Probably won’t be for a while, if at all. You need to read more carefully, specifically looking for the + sign (or the absense of it). You’re lucky you didn’t permenanently ‘brick’ your nice shiny new Fuze +.

Rockbox ONLY works with the original Fuzev1 and Fuzev2, not the Fuze+

This is a and original Fuze

Fuze