Docking?

We will be doing a lot of traveling this summer and my husband refuses to use the earphones while driving. Is there another way to hear the music from the Sansa Fuse+? A docking station or speakers? Thanks.

Good for your husband. That’s illegal in many states. If you have a newer car, it may have a USB port or AUX IN jack already in the stereo system you can plug the Fuze+ into.

If not, then you could use an FM transmitter, or if the car’s stereo is equipped with a tape player, a cassette adaptor.

Unfortunately, this player is not designed to power larger speakers than head/earphones, so while you can plug any speakers with an 1/8" (3.5mm) plug into the headphone jack, unless they are “powered” (like with batteries) you most likely won’t be able to hear anything above the road/wind noise in the car.

Thanks for the reply.  I guess if I have to listen to the music through the car radio speakers I may as well just burn a CD.  Thanks again.

Using the USB cable, with some newer car stereos it is also possible to access the music digitally.  There are plenty of options.  Philips makes a little FM transmitter, smaller than the Fuze+, that I like.  I keep the little TransCast device handy to listen to podcasts, no matter which vehicle I’m driving.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: