Difference between model numbers

I’m just curious as to what the difference is between flash drives of the same type with very similar model numbers. For example, I’m looking at getting a 64GB USB 2.0 Cruzer Glide flash drive. Is there a functional difference between all models that meet those specifications? I ask because of the change in the third and final grouping of alphanumeric characters in the model numbers. Examples:

SDCZ60-064G-AFFP

SDCZ60-064G-A11

SDCZ60-064G-A46

SDCZ60-064G-B35

:smiley:  Hello!

I congratulate you for your observation.

Please see this link:  http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-glide/

Then, go to the ‘Specifications’ tab.
The last field of the code refers to the sales regions, and the duration of the warranty…
Note: -AFFP-, not found.
Enjoy.

Regards, Alfred. (Google Translate)

Hmm… that’s odd. I pulled those model numbers straight from some Amazon listings. Neither AFFP nor A11 are listed on that page, but I’m sure they got them from somewhere, and the only logical place that would even make information like that available is SanDisk or a similar official source.

I’d like to know about that, but as it stands, thanks for the link! I think I know enough now to make any purchase from SanDisk with flash drives both now and in the future.

The end of the SKU is the packaging code. This determines what kind of packaging the product goes in, A11 is Americas retail packaging, AFFP is Amazon Frustration Free Packaging (basically it is just a manila envelope)