Can't be written to/formatted - SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 (SDSDQUA-064G-U46A)

Hi, I’ve had this microSD card for about a year now using it in my Galaxy S3 (Bell/Canadian version) and recently my phone freezes/locks up on boot up and forced me to factory reset my phone a few times. This post isn’t about my phone though, it’s about my sd card. Turns out the cause of the freeze/crash was due to my microsd card (I’ve since went out and bought a new/cheaper one which works flawlessly).

A most likely related issue/cause is that my microsd card wouldn’t let me format it anymore, it would always fail. Whenever I would copy/write files to my card, they would disappear within a few minutes and anything I deleted off the card would also return within those same few minutes. I was still able to read all the files I already had on there however as well as listen to all the songs I also had on there.

My guess is somehow, somewhere the card became write protected or something? Has anyone else come across this same issue?

Have you received “The disk is write protected.” or “Windows was unable to complete the format” ?

If yes, too bad, dude, the card is faulty. There is NO method and technique to remove it.

Yeah, already contacted support and am going to RMA the card.

i too have same problem with the SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10.  I bought this from Amazon last  June 2013. 

What is going on with these cards.  Why I paid top dollars is because of Sandisk reputation.