Boomboxes with iPod docks - will Fuze work on those?

I just bought an Insignia boombox with iPod dock.  The connector appears to be the same size as the Fuze so will the Fuze work with this boombox or are iPod docks exclusive to their brand? 

The pinouts for the Ipod and Sanza series are different, chances are it will FRY the Fuse.

Just use the fuze headphone jack for output to speakers, and the Fuze USB cable for charging. Don’t hook up the Fuze bottom connector pins to anything other than a real Sansa to USB cable.

please.

NEVER connect a Sansa to an iPod dock connector. It looks like the same connector, but they are wired with the power on different pins. You’ll almost certainly fry your Sansa, the dock, or both.

But if the boombox has an “aux-in” jack you can connect to the Sansa’s headphone jack, you can use that safely.

Thanks for the quick replies, and no…don’t worry,  I was really asking out of curiosity mostly - I would never attempt to connect the Fuze without checking here first!!  And, yes, the boombox does have the aux-in jack and that’s what I’m using - sounds great.   Thanks guys!

I plugged my old ipod nano 2g ipod lod to usb cable into my fuze once. I didn’t turn it on but it fit (didn’t connect the cable nor turned on the fuze when it was in). But good thing though

really because i plugged my fuze into to one once and it worked just fine and it played the music through it

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 01-05-2010 11:49 AM

JR,

What type of boombox did you hook up to play the fuse ?

jrdnkasparek wrote:
really because i plugged my fuze into to one once and it worked just fine and it played the music through it
Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 01-05-2010 11:49 AM

If its not the kind of dock with the proprietary Plug then your ok. Some Say made for ipod but they plug into the headphone jack. Those are cool but otherwise dont press your luck or youll wind up with a paperweight.

it was a dock for ipod

and i put my fuze just like you would an ipod