Audio files and clip art

Hi all

I’ve upgraded from the Clip+ to the Zip about 2 months ago, and finally run out of ideas of how to deal with the transterring audio files without issues. 

Firstly, I use iTunes with AAC VBR files normally, and have been converting them to MP3 files to transfer to the Clip+.

On trying the Zip using iTunes AAC files, the Zip just kept freezing.  I checked the file types to ensure that no Purchased or Protected AAC files went across, and after removing them, tried again and again with the same result with the freeze.

I then used the converted MP3 files and they work, but no album art.  Ive googled and read loads of things such as inserting a .jpg file into the album folder and calling it album.jpg or folder.jpg or album art.jpg, all without success.

Finally, I’ve transferred all of the converted MP3 files into WMP, and transferred again - this time the album art appeared, but two thirds of the songs became unknown artist.

What am I doing wrong here?  Any help would be greatly appreciated - I’m sure this has been covered before but have tried searching here without success, and have also downloaded the manual too.

Cheers

David 

@baldrick wrote:

Firstly, I use iTunes with AAC VBR files normally, and have been converting them to MP3 files to transfer to the Clip+.

On trying the Zip using iTunes AAC files, the Zip just kept freezing.  I checked the file types to ensure that no Purchased or Protected AAC files went across, and after removing them, tried again and again with the same result with the freeze.

I don’t know if all are affected, but some AAC VBR files will not play on the Clip Zip. It is a known issue, and SanDisk has no plans to address this.

@baldrick wrote:

I then used the converted MP3 files and they work, but no album art.  Ive googled and read loads of things such as inserting a .jpg file into the album folder and calling it album.jpg or folder.jpg or album art.jpg, all without success.

I have always used the ‘album art.jpg’ method and it has always worked, even with the new Zip. However, these files must be less than 500 x 500 pixels & 100kb in size. Also they must be in regular ol’ vanilla flavored .jpg format, not ‘progressive’.

@baldrick wrote:

Finally, I’ve transferred all of the converted MP3 files into WMP, and transferred again - this time the album art appeared, but two thirds of the songs became unknown artist.

This would be an ID3 tag issue. WMP is not connecting to whatever on-line database it uses to glean the tag info for the tracks. That’s why they are displayed as “Unknown”. My advice (and many other’s as well) is to not use WMP at all.

Are the ID3 tags for the tunes filled in?  You can use the freeware MP3Tag editor to check it out.  http://www.mp3tag.de/en/