Any update on the new firmware?

When we last heard, the Firmware update due in August was pushed back to Sept.  Now Sept is history.  I’m normally really patient, and I understand it’s “ready when it’s ready” but I am really looking forward to the UI enhancements so that I can spend less time scrolling through my 16GB of content.

The last word from Sansafix was that it would be around the end of this week.

Waiting with ‘baited breath’ . . .

Don’t we all sound like kids who can’t wait for Christmas & Santa Claus to get here? :smileyvery-happy:

@p_opus wrote:
When we last heard, the Firmware update due in August was pushed back to Sept.  Now Sept is history.  I’m normally really patient, and I understand it’s “ready when it’s ready” but I am really looking forward to the UI enhancements so that I can spend less time scrolling through my 16GB of content.

Are you talking about the Fuze or the View?

There isn’t a 16gb Fuze.

@eddiehaskell wrote:

@p_opus wrote:

There isn’t a 16gb Fuze.

He’s probably using an 8gb fuze with an 8gb microSD card.

New firmware is supposed to be released on Friday October 3, 2008.

@jmr wrote:

@eddiehaskell wrote:

@p_opus wrote:

There isn’t a 16gb Fuze.

He’s probably using an 8gb fuze with an 8gb microSD card.

Yep,  The beauty of MicroSD.  Once the 16GB cards are “affordable” I plan on adding the 16GB to the fuze.  At 24GB I’ll be able to fit almost all of my music on the device.   Life is good.

maybe they meant Monday…

PLUG IT IN AND GET IT NOW!!!

(I think you should update the Sansa updater first. Then the firmware update.)

Nice new start-up splash screen!

Well…it seems as the scrolling is “open” in that you can go through to the Z’s and it will restart back in the A’s. But no ALPHABETICAL scrolling as hoped for…(ya know starting in with the first letter of the title.) 

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-03-2008 11:56 AM

Message Edited by bobletteross on 10-03-2008 12:06 PM