2 Questions i need help with

since the firmware update in september when i delete a song or photo and video if takes 3 mins to do so and then i get the white screen of death. since the firmware didnt fix it how can i delete it from my pc when i connect it to the pc without reformating my fuze and losing everything(over 1,000 songs)? the problem is i have over 100 pictures that i wanna delete but it would take forever if i do it this way.

and

when i convert a movie on my fuze (8 gig) theirs a delay in the sound contrast to the video (about 4 seconds) what can i do for this?

Just go in to the fuze like a hard drive find the file folders for pictures for instance. Find the file you want to delete and hit the delete key, It should be that simple.

As For the Video that is a common problem. There is really nothing you can do that I ahve heard.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-02-2009 02:54 AM

but when i do that i check the memory on my fuze it dosnt reconize the files deleted as free space.

@reesehugg wrote:

when i convert a movie on my fuze (8 gig) theirs a delay in the sound contrast to the video (about 4 seconds) what can i do for this?

That’s normal in every little player (Fuze’s, iPods, etc).  Simply because of the way it’s converted to a small device.   Not every movie will be like this, but some will.  I have only a few out of the many I converted that has a lag delay. 

As long as you delete the files in the same USB mode (MTP or MSC) as you transferred them to the player in, you should be alright. If your INFO screen doesn’t reflect the memory changes, it possible that when the player is refreshing your media, it is simple updating existing info and doesn’t catch the now-vacant memory.

If you connect your player in MSC mode, you’ll see a MTABLE.SYS file in the root directory alongside of all the folders (MUSIC, PHOTOS, etc.). This is the player’s database file. Highlight and delete it. It’s OK to do so. When you un-plug your player, it will completely re-build the now-deleted database file based on what is (and isn’t) currently on the player.

Now check your INFO screen. Is there more Free Memory shown?

thank you