Highlighted
Accepted Solution

V-mate remote replacement

Hello, How i can purchase a new v-mate remote? I have tried putting in two different new batterys and conclude that the remote is dead.  Unless anyone knows of any other tests i can do, I would like to learn how to purchase a new remote.

Thank you

Re: V-mate remote replacement

I have not had this problem, but I had a problem like this with another product with a similar battery.  The only thing I can think of is to try scraping the contacts of the remote with a metal object (like a paper clip) to increase the pure metal conductivity.  If that doesn't work, i'm afraid neither will your remote.  And obviously, make sure you're putting the battery in right side up.

My remote stopped working after 1 hour. They are very poorly made .  I read a review on the net and their remote also stopped working.  I got the seller to supply me with another remote.  I then bought  a Cambridge audio M1 remote control on ebay. This is a learning remote which can copy all the commands from any remote.  If the v-mate fails then I can use the M1 remote .   The V-mate appears to have a 2 year manufacturers warranty . If you can't get a replacement sandisk remote from the retailer then sandisk should supply you with one. 

It is unlikely to be a battery problem , I tried a new battery when my remote failed and it still did not work.  A usefull check is to use a digital camera and point it at the Infra Red bulb on the remote.  Digital cameras are sensitive to Infra red light and if the remote is working,   you will be able to see the light on the camera viewing screen each time you press a key on the remote. The remotes are unreliable make sure you get a learning remote and copy over the commands as it may not be long before the replacement sandisk remote stops working !

I just got a V-Mate and the remote seems to turn the unit on and off but the OK button does not seem to work from what I can tell as the screen says Press OK to continue and then nothing happens.  I'm wondering if this is a particular button issue or something else.  See my other post for my troubles.

Contact SanDisk and they can help you get a new remote...

Already did - returning the whole thing per my other port.  I think there were two problems, remote and unit.   I was disappointed you cannot do an advance purchase and credit on return deal I can usually do with other sites.  You have to wait for them to get the return and then they will send you a new one.