Highlighted
Accepted Solution

SDHC card 4GB

When conncted to the tv recorfer it works and I can record and review movie on my SDHC 4GB card. When connected to the computer my V-Mate can only read normal SD under both XP and Vista. Why!!!
I have installed also the last firmware.
Any suggestion appreciated.

Re: SDHC card 4GB

I've got an sdhc card that I used with my v-mate and it doesn't have any problems in recording or reviewing. I connected it through my computer next to try to recreate what you said happened to you but the only issue I see is that when I try to play the video off of the card it's really laggy, almost like the v-mate can't transfer the video to the computer fast enough. After copying the video to the computer and playing the video it worked fine. Are there any errors that are happening? When you open up my computer what do you see?

I have also upgraded to the latest firmware, but my memory card (SanDisk SDHC 4.0GB) isn't detected at any stage.  Not detected on the V-Mate or by my notebook card reader.  Not nice!

A bit of Googling lead me to a Microsoft KB article 934428, to resolve the lack of support for SDHC cards with a capacity of greater 4GB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934428).  However, Microsoft haven't supplied a direct download, they're suggesting that you need to contact them in order to use it.  So, no.

Instead, you can use this download from the DigitMemo.com blog: http://www.digitmemo.com/articles/219/adding-sdhc-support-for-windows-with-your-old-sd-card-reader/

I tried this, and it didn't help.  Sounds like it'd be more helpful for you though roby53.  Let me know how you get on with it.

I'm wondering if my SDHC is faulty?

Do not know yet about this card - however just to adress if anyone is going to through in a card in the V-Mate bigger than 4 gigabytes. FAT file systems in general can not address files larger the 4 gigabytes (32 bit limit in FAT32). For that you need to use another kind of file system (that the V-mate will have to support). Else keep the files below 4 gigabytes if FAT.

BTW Same problem with external hard disk. If FAT file system keep them files below 4 gigabytes or if Windows format as NTFS, HPFS on Mac etc.

Message Edited by Dario on 01-08-2008 09:09 AM

Message Edited by Dario on 01-08-2008 09:10 AM

Message Edited by Dario on 01-08-2008 09:11 AM

I'm using a Kingston 8GB SD card with the v-mate and have recorded 6.2GB of material - 4 hours at the PC/TV highest quality mode-  But could only get the card formatted (FAT32) beyond 4GB by NOT using the v-mate as the card reader, but a smal sandisk sdhc card reader connected to my PC.