E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

i has a question, i have the sansa e260 v1 is the european version so it cant tune FM radio but maybe if i install the american firmware with FM radio enabled or the european firmware, can i have radio on my sansa??

please answer me my mail is mrllou@hotmail.com

thanks

Message Edited by mrllou on 07-23-2008 03:17 PM

@manda93 wrote:
yep i have tried that more then once… still not working…

Time for plan B.  Load the firmware and bootloader files onto your device in Recovery Mode.  You can also format the device to start with a clean slate, if you drop a New Folder renamed sansa.fmt into the 16MB partition that opens in this mode.

Remember, you will anger the Sansa gods if you try to format this partition with the PC- use the folder method only.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I´ve updated my player. But know I don´t know how to create playlists anymore…

At the last version i just had to go to the music folder then rightclick on a folder and then click create playlist. But now theres no “create playlist” button. When I choose play all the songs are all there but i want playlists. It ■■■■■ to go through 800+ songs. can you help me???

This may sound really dumb, but I don’t fully understand this “root directory”. Where exactly do I put the firmware files ?

@tiasiira wrote:
This may sound really dumb, but I don’t fully understand this “root directory”. Where exactly do I put the firmware files ?

The root directory is the mac daddy grandpappy godfather of all directories on a particular disk.  A more apt name for it would be the trunk directory.  Think of a tree trunk.  As you follow the trunk upwards you find large limbs branching off it and smaller limbs branching off those larger limbs.  That’s the way the folders/directories on a disk are organized.  The root directory is the topmost directory from which all other directories branch.

Succinctly put, it’s the directory you’re in when you first open the drive from My Computer.

First off, credit to THComputerGuy for figuring this out, and posting it here

If you have upgraded to 01.02.24 and it’s not working, 01.02.18 is available for download.  Use this link - http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/e200/e200v101.02.18a.zip - for the Americas version, or change the “18a” in the address bar to whatever region you’re looking for. 

Just follow these instructions for manual install (clipped from the original post in this thread).  Manual install is a snap – I recommend ditching the updater, because updates are going to be few and far between for the discontinued e200 v1. 

Once downloaded, extract the .zip file into a folder (take note to remember where you saved it).
Next, change the device’s mode from MTP to MSC by going to “Settings” then “USB Mode”, then selecting MSC.
Next, connect the device to the computer and it should show up with a drive letter. In the root directory of the Sansa e200v1, add the firmware files you just extracted from the zip.
Once its been added, disconnect the device, it will then say that it is upgrading the firmware. It will eventually turn off. Once it turns off, turn it back on, and it should ask you for a language to select. Once the language is chosen, head to Settings > Info and verify that the “Version” is the same as the latest verstion, mentioned above.

“There is NO rule six!”

===========================================================================================

bless you, you are a saint!!

i wet myself the whole time i was so scared while this was in progress, lol

3 notes id like to add…

1 = wasnt sure whether to copy over the actual unzipped folder (called ’ A ’ ) or to open ‘A’ and copy only the 2 files…i chose to open ‘A’ and copy only the files and all seems to be fine, hope this was the correct decision, as well as hopeing this helps others who may be as comp. illliterate as me :slight_smile:

2 = when i first unplugged / disconnected from my pc it went straight to “refresh database”

3 = my e250-v1 nvr actually turned off…after refresh database it went to “firmware update in progress”, took no time at all before the prompt to select lang. - under settings > info all was as it should be showing the correct firmware version

(havent checked the other functionality yet, though)

hears to all of you who have helped me and to all of you who may be helped by me…

HUZZAH !!!

Good information!

I could follow the instruction and got my MP3 setup correctly. Thanks,

glad i could help someone :))

ps - anyone know how the new fuze compares to the e200 series ?

- and how large a  mem card it’ll accept ? (meaning the 250-v1) ?

@daddy_0 wrote:

ps - anyone know how the new fuze compares to the e200 series ? My thoughts

- and how large a  mem card it’ll accept ? (meaning the 250-v1) ? 2GB unless you install Rockbox firmware.

wow

thanks Tapeworm!

i deff have to agree with your thoughts on the on/off slider and the poorly located headphone jack!

does the rockbox firmware add more capacity to the e250v1 ?

or is there a link to a comparison?

im goin searching on the forum here in a bit, wish me luck and]

thanks again to your and all your compatriots

for taking the time to make and maintain this forum

kudos to ALL of you

Tony

I have installed the latest firmware for pacific region.

However, though the menu displays simplified chinese, the player does not show correct tag of most of the mp3s bearing chinese name.

I am wondering whether there is a fix to it.

Thanks!

Okay so I’ve had this sansa of mine for a long time now (e280) and lately, I’ve been having a lot of issues with it, such as music files that could play fine a few weeks ago magically becoming ‘corrupted’, which then cannot be deleted manually. So I decided to re-install the firmware in hopes that this would resolve the problems, though I am running into an error when copying over one of the files, the PP5022.mi4.

http://armaina.com/corrupted.jpg

the player is currently in MSC mode, I’ve switched it back to MST and back to MSC in hopes that that would work, but it hasn’t helped so I really don’t know what the problem is. Also, is there a zip link for firmware version 01.02.24? The sansa updater won’t detect the device on top of it all.

Re-installing the firmware will not solve a corrupted file(s) issue. You need to run ChkDsk to find and repair the files. Leave your player in MSC mode. If it’s really bad, you may have to format the player, which will erase all and you will have to re-load your content. But try the ChkDsk first.

The Sansa Updater will only find any ‘updates’ available that are newer than the one currently on your player, so it may already have the most current version. If you want to re-install it, you’ll have to do it manually.

Are you sure you have a v1 model? If you have a v2 and are trying to load the v1 f/w onto it, that may account for the error you are receiving. Verify which model you have before proceeding.

The firmware update link for the v1 model is in the 1st post of this thread that you posted in. There are different regional versions. Make sure you download the correct one.

If you discover you have a v2, and still need or want to re-install the f/w, the link for that is here.

Yes, it is a version one, the back does not show that it is version 2, and the current firmware is 01.02.18A, not 01.02.24A, so it does not have the most recent version.

(ack accidently hit submit)

I’ve run the chck disk, I found it after I saw this thread, which actually -now- the sansa updater has finally recognized my device. (first time in over a year). I think that resolved my issues for now, though I was trying to find out how to re-format it and I couldn’t seem to find it, so either I’m blind or the instructions are just burried somewhere on the site.

Message Edited by armaina on 01-02-2009 05:37 PM

OK, that confirms that, but the .18 version is a stable one, where the .24 can be a bit buggy. I never updated my v1. I left it on .18 and everything’s fine. Others have even reverted back to this version.

As I said, I think your problem lies in the corrupted files and is not a firmware issue though, so running ChkDsk and/or formatting it should solve it. :wink:

I really hope someone can help me.

My e260 (v1 I believe) keeps turning on by itself, and then turn back off the same way. When I try to turn it on, it turns off just a while later. I’ve already updated the firmware, but it didn’t make a difference…

First I thought the power button could be struck, then that it could be a virus, now i don’t have any idea… will I just have to smash it with a hammer too? :cry:

please help

You are joking rigt???

@vivi wrote:

My e260 (v1 I believe) keeps turning on by itself, and then turn back off the same way. When I try to turn it on, it turns off just a while later. I’ve already updated the firmware, but it didn’t make a difference…

First I thought the power button could be struck, then that it could be a virus, now i don’t have any idea… will I just have to smash it with a hammer too? :cry:

please help

1- If you THINK you have a v1 but don’t know, please find out. The v1 and v2 work the same but they are totally different when it comes to troubleshooting. Look in the FAQ… 

2- Try holding down the power button for 20seconds to do a “soft” reset.

3- If that doesn’t work, carefully unscrew the back and take the battery out. Hold the power button for 20seconds again, put batter back in, try it out…

@vivi wrote:

please help

It might just be stuck in a loop. Try re-setting it by pressing and holding the power button down for like 20 seconds or so. Then try it again. If it still can’t decide whether it wants to stay awake or go to sleep, it’s got more serious issues than what you can fix. Probably a resistor failing or something.

I’ve got a TV that does the same thing. It will work fine for months; then all of a sudden it will switch off by itself . . . and then on . . . it will do this for a while, increasing in frequency and then start scrolling backwards through the channels from 64 down to 2, continuously looping like that. The only way to shut it off at that point is to pull the plug.

This has been going on for years. I’ve had repairmen out several times. Each time they think they’ve found something different and it works when they leave. Then it will start up again, sometimes within an hour of them leaving, sometimes not again for months. If I let it ‘rest’ for a month or so then turn it on, it will work fine again, maybe for 2 hours, 2 days, 6 months, or a year or more. I have never seen anything like it before, and I’ve owned countless TV sets in my life.

I’m convinced it’s posessed. Thank goodness it hasn’t spun around and barfed pea soup on me yet. :smileyvery-happy:

But I digress . . . if your player doesn’t work right after trying the reset, get a new one. The prices are pretty reasonable now. If you get another e200 series, save the old one for spare parts (battery, face plate, etc.) :smiley:

1- yes, I guess I was joking.

2- at the back of the player appears only “e260” so I think it is the v1, right?

3-well, I have already done this. holding the power button for 15, 20, 30, 40s, …a minute, nothing works.

I would like to buy the most recent products, but I’m from Brazil and the prices are too high - I’ll have to wait another cousin to go to the states again… ¬¬

but I will try to unscrew the thing to see if I can save The Thing!

Really is very frustrating! everytime I want to listen some music I have to fight with it, see wich one is the most stuborn! sometimes it stays on, but only after a good 30min turning on/off… Argh!!!

I’m convinced it’s posessed. Thank goodness it hasn’t spun around and barfed pea soup on me yet. :smileyvery-happy:  hhahahahahaha  - I feel the same way

Thank you for your help - at least now i know if there’s nothing I can do and stop worring!:wink: