E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

Nothing seems to be loose. I took it apart and put it back together with no results. It still shows that obnoxious white screen without ever even turning off. I have to do a hard reset to turn it on. It doesn’t even respond to the lock being in place. I think it may be the end for my little Cuthbert *sigh*

I’ve also tried hooking it up to the computer, putting it in the fridge, and removing the battery.

Awww . . . you let little Cuthbert ‘chill out’ for a while in the fridge to see if that would help? I gotta say, that’s a new one on me!

Did you press down on the the foam pad on the back on the memory chip while you had it apart to see if it would re-seat?

I did. Just put it back together after cleaning. Everything is in place where it’s supposed to be.

As for the fridge thing, someone reccomended it somewhere when he/she kept getting the white screen.

i used the firmware (through recovery mode) and it worked except that after going directly to the languiges setting screen after automatically restarting the device went back to it’s former problem, a black screen with a few dots in the corner?!?!?!

Followed the step to upgrade my E200 (v1) : on the 4th step, once disconnected and said “Upgrading the firmware” it turned off and then showed this message : Load main image failed. Switch to recovery mode. Battery charging stopped.

What I have to do ?

Thank you.

tonirusso wrote:

Followed the step to upgrade my E200 (v1) : on the 4th step, once disconnected and said “Upgrading the firmware” it turned off and then showed this message : Load main image failed. Switch to recovery mode. Battery charging stopped.

What I have to do ?

1.) Make sure you indeed have a v1 device and that you are downloading the v1 firmware.

2.) Attempt the update again.

my sansa e260 not working properly. first thing when i turn it starts in language if i don’t choose a language it doesn’t change.

Next i tell me "not enough space for MB music must free 6 mgs " and it doesn’t change to MSC mode at all

bobkool wrote:

my sansa e260 not working properly. first thing when i turn it starts in language if i don’t choose a language it doesn’t change.

Next i tell me "not enough space for MB music must free 6 mgs " and it doesn’t change to MSC mode at all

You should really start a new thread ( New Message under Search Box - upper left), rather than replying to the firmware thread. It’s a bit off-topic.

That is, if you really want people to see it and help. :wink:

I just want to say thanks to many of you who have contributed information here.

By putting together several different solutions I finally found one that worked and

gave me my e280 back. It’s been two long years without music on the go.

Thanks again

I don’t know how to:  change the device’s mode from MTP to MSC by going to “Settings” then “USB Mode”, then selecting MSC.  Where do I find the “Settings”?  I was able to switch the e260 v1 into recovery mode then the troubleshooting sent me here to update the firmware.  When I open Sansa Updater, it states “Update Service is not Available”; I downloaded the firmware but don’t know how to update the e260, can provide a link to more detailed instructions?  I tried the live chat but I was getting errors with that.

You can’t do that from recovery mode.  The MSC/MTP mode and firmware update tool only work when the player is booted normally.

If you can boot into normal mode, do that.  If your player is stuck in recovery mode, theres some info here:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaE200Unbrick

Hi Mr SmileyFace,

Thanks for the update, could you please help me in dowloading the drivers  for Sansa E250 since i am not having with me.

@sidharth wrote:

Hi Mr SmileyFace,

Thanks for the update, could you please help me in dowloading the drivers  for Sansa E250 since i am not having with me.

Mr. SmileyFace hasn’t been here in over 2 years. What ‘drivers’ are you looking for? The only ‘driver’ really necessary is in Windows Media Player 10 & above. If you use MSC mode, there is no driver necessary.

I have a e200 series player.  According to my owners guide I have an e260, because it says it is a 4.0 GB memory unit.  I received the dreaded “Load main IMAGE Failed” message when I turned it on.  The updater seems to be unavailable all the time, so I downloaded the firmware files from your site.  I followed your instructions.  shifted into the recovery mode on my player, connected the USB and it went into the USB 2.0 mode.  I loaded the firmware files (two), onto my player, then disconneded the USB player…and also move the hold button to unhold (no red).

the message on the player was:

–reading main image

–writting main image

–time 1 sec

–upgrade finished

–reseting system

The player then turns off…then comes on again with the same dreaded message “Load main IMAGE Failed”

How do I get it to reload the image successfully??!!

Al

There are 2 different palyer and firmware versions (v1 & v2). Are you sure you are downloading and attempting to install the right one for the player?

I do not know for sure, but my son has a player just like it and his is working fine.  So I had him check the version on his and it was 1.02.2…, so I assumed my daughters was the same.  How, do I find out what the version is if the system on the player does not come up?  There is a text file the comes up when I go to Recovery Mode and connect to the USB, it says the following:

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
ODM Ver.: S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
OEM Ver.: S301.02.24A-D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2007.12.24
Build Number: (Build 32.10)

This is all Greek to me, …can you tell?

…also…how do I get into MSC mode from the USB mode?  Could this be the problem?

The instructions on how to download firmware and load them on the player say to get into MSC mode, but I do not know how to make sure it is MSC mode… or is this the default mode?

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

@garofild wrote:

HI! 

i have a sansa e270 player and i cannot use my 4GB micro SD card with it.

(only 2GB card works)

are there any fixes for this problem, and if yes what are they??

pls help!

The e270 is a v1 model and only supports the SD format, not SDHC.

Translation? Only up to a 2GB card will work in it. 4GB and larger are SD HC (high capacity).

There is a way to use the larger cards, but it involves using 3rd-party, open-source, alternative firmware known as Rockbox. While a lot of people use it and swear by it, it is not for the squeamish; it’s pretty technical.

thank you for your reply!, sorry i have just figured it out by now, that there is no support for sdhc card on this model.