E200v1 01.02.24 Firmware Download & Instructions

I am a happy user of e280 V1 with version 01.02.15A.

The only nick is that I have some song titles that are in Hebrew, which are looking ok on MS Media Player but spelled backwards on the player i.e. Sansa does not support the right-to-left direction.

I have resrearched this forum and found a lot of info (- Thanks !!!) :

-I understand there will be no fix to that on any official Sansa firmware (since there will not be any), I can choose to move to RockBox firmware. I second all the proposed features in the wishlist thread.

• I do not agree with the comment made of treating the player as as-is. I certainly decided on Sansa versus iPOD for new features support. Whenever you make a decision to buy a gadget you know you are already been left “behind” on the newest trends. I did not expect Apple to try to update older players but I certainly expected Sansa to.

• I understand the popular version is 01.02.18A (I saw a lot of issues posted with version 24A).

• Nice trick with half plugging the USB to get power but not “connected” so the player plays while recharging. Thanks it bothered me to.

• Stupid language support: why would one want to move firmware for other languages ? didn’t anyone in Sansa heard about globalization ? lots of people listen to musics in other not-supported languages (Asians and Hebrew) while in the US (do not wish to change the menus language or fm support).

I have several remaining questions:

1. What is the diff from 15A to 18A? - I’m trying to determine is it worth the upgrade hassle.

2. RockBox has nice options for V1s. Can you list them all? - Will that have the additional languages support i was looking for ?

3. I saw some guru comments that there are “issues” with it.  Can you be more specific on what these are ?  i.e. I’m trying to understand the “price” for the move. I saw the comment about forgoing warranty when switch to RockBox - but what warranty you have on V1 anyhow ?

4. How easy is it to move from RockBox back to Sansa firmware ? I saw a comment that both can reside on the player and can be toggled between. Can you detail how to set that up ?

5. Whom are behind the RockBox version ?  Is there any posted plans for the next versions ? Hoe serious this open firmware project is ?

Thanks,

Regular User