e200R Firmware Download - 1.0.2.165

For e200R - The latest version available is 1.0.2.165. This update is for e200R Players Only.

Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.

First, verify that your e200 is a Rhapsody version. Once this has been verified, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update steps below.

If you do not have a Rhapsody version, do NOT upgrade your firmware to this version! This could render your player useless!

e200R Firmware Update and Instructions

First, verify that the player is an e200R, . This can be found by going over to Settings > Info, and verify that “Version” starts with V01, and ends with a three-digit designator.

Once this has been verified, go ahead and proceed with the firmware update steps below.

If you do not have a v1, do not upgrade your firmware to this a different version! This could render your player useless!

Download the firmwares by clicking on the links below. Be sure to select the region you are in for full compatibility.

--------------

AMERICAS - 1.0.2.165 Rhapsody Firmware

The instructions below applies to Windows , Mac , and Linux Operating Systems.

Download the .zip file on the above page and extract / unzip the file pp5022.mi4
On your Rhapsody device, go to “Settings” “Mode” then select “Rhapsody”
With the data cable, plug the USB connector to the USB port on the PC, verify “Connected” is shown on the e200R display
On the PC, Check for device “Sansa e200 ( E: )” under My Computer.
NOTE: the actual drive letter might vary
Drag and Drop pp5022.mi4 from your PC to the root directory of the E: drive.
NOTE: Do NOT drop it to “Sansa e200R Rhapsody” device which is the MicroSD card slot
Unplug your Rhapsody device.
Your Rhapsody device will restart and perform a firmware upgrade and restart again.

thanks for letting me know, I just downloaded it :smiley:
I hate to sound stupid for asking, but what exactly was upgraded/updated in the firmware?

This thread was just for proper documentation
The most recent 1.0.2.165 firmware version was released on May 2007, and no further firmware updates are expected for the e200r series

I have the blue ring.  Not recognized by the computer.  I am unable to communicate with the device.  The holding the rec button routine did not work.

First, try a reset by holding the power / menu button down for 15 seconds, then restart as usual.  If unsuccessful, try holding the power button down again, and switch the lock switch ON atop the sansa (orange showing).  Hold the REC button down while connecting tpo the PC.  Continue holding until it is recognized.

You can then transfer the firmware copy (unzip it first!) into the 16MB PARTITION that will be open in My Computer.

Good luck!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Can I download this to my E250r?

I don’t think so because I tried it and I can’t get it back working now.

I downloaded it into my e280R and its not working now , please advice what to do . I downloded it in recovery mode also but the same error. PLEASE HELP

I have the black light on showing a small purple square on the left side of the screen. The blue ring light is on also.  My computer will not reconize the player even after doing the tricks listed on this page. I’d like to get this thing fixed.

I’ve updated to this about a year ago and now I don’t have any volume control at all, I doubt that it is a hardware issue b/c I can still scroll through menus with the wheel. I think it may have been b/c my old computer froze while updating and couldn’t complete it. can any one help?

Thank you for all your help. It’s been great. I followed all your instructions and nothing seemed to work. So I took an hour or so break and tried again and lo and behold when I pluggged in my Sansa player, it started downloading the Sansa Updater. But it sure is taking a long time, is that normal? Right now it’s been about 30 minutes and it’s still downloading it. Any suggestions?

Thank you

I currently have version 1.0.2.31.  Do I need to update?

@kivikasvot40 wrote:
I currently have version 1.0.2.31.  Do I need to update?

Looks like it to me. :wink:

the hi there. apparently the link for this firmware update is broken. can someone please fix it?

@weskokigen wrote:
the hi there. apparently the link for this firmware update is broken. can someone please fix it?

I just tried it. It worked fine for me.

Granted it’s not a direct download link . . . it takes you to SanDisk’s re-designed website and their Driver Download Wizard. Scroll down till you get to the Sansa e200R mp3 player. Highlight that, click on the Find Driver button and then again on the Rhapsody Firmware - e200R. It’s 5.5MB. :smiley:

I did not find a folder called root 

What do I do?

jen_isis wrote:

I did not find a folder called root 

What do I do?

The ‘root’ directory is not a folder. Think of it as the C: drive on your computer. It’s the top level before you start opening folders.

I tried to use the updater and everything but no go. It will only turn on if it is connected to the computer without the battery in it. And once i replace the battery and take it off the computer it will just turn off unless it is locked but its still useless while it is locked so now what do i do?

Do you know when new firmaware revision mei be avail,  or do you know of any other softwares that you can use to work with files on this players.

Thanks

lumy wrote:

Do you know when new firmaware revision mei be avail,  or do you know of any other softwares that you can use to work with files on this players.

Thanks

This player has been discontinued for some time now. There will not be any more firmware updates for it. This is as good (or bad) as it’s going to get.

If you’re an adventurerous soul, you could look into Rockbox, 3rd-party alternative firmware, open-source free firmware. There are lots of discussions about it here on the forum, or check it out at www.rockbox.org.

Were you having some particular problem with the original firmware already on it? Maybe it’s a mis-understanding of how it works, or there could be a workaround for your issue.