don't know where to start looking for an answer

I haven’t made my purchase yet, but I’d like to know:

If, say, I rip an old cd (by which I mean, no identifying info is attached to the tracks) into my computer (I use EAC on a computer running on windows 7) and then put a name on the folder where the songs are stored, can I just drag and drop the folder into the player and be able to find the folder somewhere on the player so I can play what I want to hear, with the songs in the same order as they are on the cd, or is there an intermediate step, like I  have to do with my current player (which software runs extremely slowly and crashes all the time on my new computer), that is, put it into a “library” and add the name of the artist and the album using the software that came with the player?

Sorry that this is such a disjointed run-on sentence/question.

Hey, if you can handle the interface complexities of EAC, you shouldn’t have a problem.

When ripping CDs, the most important considerations are output (codec) format, bit rate, and the ID3 tags for your media.

Otherwise, you will continually subject yourself to grief.

The easiest method of transferring a music CD from scratch is to use Windows Media Player, choosing MP3 or WMA as your format (don’t use wma pro), select Rip CD, and see that the player pulls the correct album information from the internet.  The resulting files can simply be “synced” over to your device, or manually dragged over from your media library folder.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, neut,

I’ll give it a try.

Happy Thanksgiving.