What media player software can I use with Sansa Fuze OTHER THAN Windows Media Player

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I tried to find by searching but all I pulled up was references to Windows Media Player (WMP).

Due to the wisdom (I’m being sarcastic) of Microsoft tying WMP to its OS (64-bit Vista in my case),WMP is broken on my PC and unless I want to reinstall the OS, there is no way to fix it.

What alternatives can I use with my Sansa Fuze to upload and download music and playlists. I’d prerfer to not use Winamp since UI is so ugly. (Though if Winamp is only thing that works, well, maybe I’ll use it. Since WMP does not.)

Thanks in advance. 

Winamp works good (and there are several ‘skins’ & colors to de-uglify it).

So does Media Monkey.

Or you really don’t have to use one at all. You can simply drag & drop the music files from your computer to your Fuze. :smiley:

Hi Tapeworm,

Thanks for the quick and informative reply. If I were to drag and drop files to my Fuze would I be able to have them work like playlists. I like creating playlists for the podcasts I download once or twice a week and then be able to listen to each playlist without having to stop and push buttons while I’m riding my bike. So if I make a folder on Fuze with all the podcasts I download that week, will it play straight thru?

(I know I try this on my own and figure out if it works or not, but you seem knowledgeable so thought I’d ask. . . )

BTW, I love your name. There’s a great mtn bike trail just south of Seattle named Tapeworm. But I digress. 

http://www.rideyourbike.com/tapewormpics.html

Thanks

Cheers

Oh, it’s not so much that Winamp is ugly. it’s more that it has really small font so I have to put on reading glasses to see anything. I hate doing that.

I’m probably older than you. 

angelag wrote:

Hi Tapeworm,

I like creating playlists for the podcasts I download once or twice a week and then be able to listen to each playlist without having to stop and push buttons while I’m riding my bike. So if I make a folder on Fuze with all the podcasts I download that week, will it play straight thru?

If you have updated your Fuze to a recent firmware, you will have ‘Folder’ access as an option in addition to the default ID3 tag reading the Sansa players use. So yes, if you put these podcasts all in the same folders and play that folder, they should play one after another, however . . . you may need to edit the file names to get them to play in the order you want them too.

angelag wrote:

Oh, it’s not so much that Winamp is ugly. it’s more that it has really small font so I have to put on reading glasses to see anything. I hate doing that.

I believe you can change the font (and size) in the settings, or preferences of Winamp. I’m not on the machine where I have Winamp installed at the moment, but poke around. You should be able to fiind it.

That’s interesting about the Tapeworm mountain bike trail. That’s not the origin or inspiration for my name, but it’s kinda neat all the same. I used to ride a moutain bike, but have graduated to a road bike several years ago.

And as long as you keep the pedals turning over, you won’t get old. :wink:

Tapeworm wrote:

angelag wrote:

Hi Tapeworm,

I like creating playlists for the podcasts I download once or twice a week and then be able to listen to each playlist without having to stop and push buttons while I’m riding my bike. So if I make a folder on Fuze with all the podcasts I download that week, will it play straight thru?

If you have updated your Fuze to a recent firmware, you will have ‘Folder’ access as an option in addition to the default ID3 tag reading the Sansa players use. So yes, if you put these podcasts all in the same folders and play that folder, they should play one after another, however . . . you may need to edit the file names to get them to play in the order you want them too.

angelag wrote:

I believe you can change the font (and size) in the settings, or preferences of Winamp. I’m not on the machine where I have Winamp installed at the moment, but poke around. You should be able to fiind it.

That’s interesting about the Tapeworm mountain bike trail. That’s not the origin or inspiration for my name, but it’s kinda neat all the same. I used to ride a moutain bike, but have graduated to a road bike several years ago.

And as long as you keep the pedals turning over, you won’t get old. :wink:

Try Media Monkey, or Songbird. I dont know about soundbird’s ability to sync with players as I havent tried it but I does a great job at managing files. 

I am Pissed!!! i have 2 of these Things and iam highly aggrivated…same issues as every one else!!!  FIX ASAP SANSA

MasterSplinter1 wrote:

I am Pissed!!! i have 2 of these Things and iam highly aggrivated…same issues as every one else!!!  FIX ASAP SANSA

Well, THAT’S certainly useful!

If you can’t be bothered to say what your problem is, or give any details about what you’re talking about, no one here can be bothered to try and help you. I’ll bet if you look around, maybe use the search function here you’ll probably find the anwers to your question . . . if there is one.

I think Windows Media Player is OK, it is free.

If you want to use other player, you have to pay.

eg. realone player