Updater, current firmware version and Locale are incorrect

Hello,

I have the C240 1g (black) and have installed the latest version of the updater.  When I check for updates, the updater reports that my locale is Asia/Pacific Rim.  I choose 'America" and the updater reports a new version is available (the version number is identical to the current version)

After the update has succesfully ended, my locale is still the Asia/Pacific Rim and the updater will again report that a newer version of the firmware is available.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?  Is it normal :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Thanks

Ditto on that same error for my C240 player as well (…and, yes, I would call it an “error”…doesn’t seem like it should be “normal” to me.)

Message Edited by duckhut on 08-20-2007 10:46 AM

Message Edited by duckhut on 08-20-2007 10:48 AM

hi sansawolf,

wha’ts really happening there is, your “P” is seeing “A” as an option which it shouldn’t be showing up anymore, cuz basically the “A” firmware is a “P”.

we sent a request to the developers and they said that they’re gonna work on it. :smiley:

@sansawolf wrote:
Hello,

I have the C240 1g (black) and have installed the latest version of the updater.  When I check for updates, the updater reports that my locale is Asia/Pacific Rim.  I choose 'America" and the updater reports a new version is available (the version number is identical to the current version)

After the update has succesfully ended, my locale is still the Asia/Pacific Rim and the updater will again report that a newer version of the firmware is available.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?  Is it normal :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Thanks

ahh, ok.  Thanks for the info