Sansa Updater fails to download files

Hi, 

Whenever I try to get a firmware update via the Sansa updater, I get this error : 

The following failure occured:

Failed to download the selected file.

Please try again later.

It’s been like this for almost a year now, and three versions of the Updater.

I am connected through a fast Broadband ADSL line.

I of course tried to disable Firewall and Antivirus, to no avail.  

Sansa Express 2GB 

Updater version is 1.083

Firmware is 1.00.15 Reg. Europe

Trying to get New Firmware : 1.01.05 dated 12/17/2001 (5.5Mb)

Any clue ?

I’m having exactly the same problem with trying to download version 3.01.16 to try and fix probs with E280.  I’ll admit I’m trying to do it on a wireless connection but still.  Anyone solved it?

Jennie 

i am having the same prblem too and im on a cable connection from cox and it seems the download gets to about 88% and then jumps to 100%

so i think there is a server malfunction and if sandisk dont fix it soon im going to be very upset

also why dont you guys just put the installers for the firmware on the main site instead of using an automatic tool which is more liable to crash bug glitch what ever and im sure that people out there are smart enough to find a serial on their product and get thr correct driver/firmware…

this just kinda ticks me off 

I receive the identical error on XP Pro w/ver1 C240.

Has anyone provide a solution or workaround?

I have also got this error, gets to about 80% then fails. Annoying!!!

I have the same problem trying to obtain firmware for my Sansa e250 … it downloads about 70%, then jumps to 100% and tells me it failed to install.

I also tried a manual download and install, and got more error messages when trying to load the firmware on the Sansa e250:

Error Copying File or Folder
    Cannot copy PP5022: The directory or file cannot be created.

Error Copying File or Folder
    Cannot copy BL_SD_boardSupportSD: The directory or file cannot be created.

Any ideas?

Anyone got a this problem solved?

I just got the same info on two different PC´s. 

I have an M250 and have had the same error message for almost a year when trying to download the firmware.  I also have a Sansa Clip and had the same problem.  The Clip will let you manually download the file onto your computer and then click and drag it to the player’s internal memory.  I haven’t figured out yet how to do that with the M250 or just haven’t found the right link or place on the website.  Any help for my M250 would be great.

Hey!! How about a reply SANSA???

Add me to the list of Updater failures. I’ve tried a Clip and a Fuze. Both fail the Updater.

EPIC FAIL! tried to update 3 times my BRAND NEW sansa Fuze 8GB. FAILED EVERY TIME AT 100%. Did not jump… just failed. managed to get the manual and the media converter from the download folder in appdata but the firmware update I cannot seem to find regardless of percent complete. Either way I WILL RETURN MY SANSA IF THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. BTW there is no manual download on the sandisk site for the new 1.001.22 firmware, just the 1.001.11 firmware! THIS IS STUPID. My brother downloaded fine on the SAME connection… What is going on Sandisk?

sorry dude. sent that message to the wrong person… lol

Hey Sandisk

I want you to know that this sort of problem and your lack of response, is why you are a third rate company who, despite having some good products, will never survive. 

iPods == tier 1, Creative == tier 2, Sandisk, Philips, etc == tier 3

Time to move up a tier and start posting some reviews, enjoy your dwindling sales

@alex8642 wrote:
EPIC FAIL! tried to update 3 times my BRAND NEW sansa Fuze 8GB. FAILED EVERY TIME AT 100%. Did not jump… just failed. managed to get the manual and the media converter from the download folder in appdata but the firmware update I cannot seem to find regardless of percent complete. Either way I WILL RETURN MY SANSA IF THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. BTW there is no manual download on the sandisk site for the new 1.001.22 firmware, just the 1.001.11 firmware! THIS IS STUPID. My brother downloaded fine on the SAME connection… What is going on Sandisk?

The correct firmware is available on this site, for a manual download. Don’t bother with the updater.

@raygeeknyc wrote:

Hey Sandisk

I want you to know that this sort of problem and your lack of response, is why you are a third rate company who, despite having some good products, will never survive. 

iPods == tier 1, Creative == tier 2, Sandisk, Philips, etc == tier 3

Time to move up a tier and start posting some reviews, enjoy your dwindling sales

If you’re rating Creative’s MP3 player division above SanDisk’s at the current time, then you clearly are living in the past. They had some good ones in the past, but their current ones are as buggy as the View. And if the sales are “dwindling”, well, the stock price rose significantly the other day.

Looking for solutions to this same problem (Sansa Updater failed to download Sansa Media Converter)  I finally solved it by manually installing the new firmware update from here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

hint: the extracted files go in the root folder which is the folder that has Albums, Music, Audiobooks.  Just drop those two files in the space where those folders are.

Then I turned off windows firewall and kaspersky anti-virus…and any other unnecessary programs.

finally the Sansa Updater successfully downloaded the Sansa Media Converter successfully.

What should I do I’ve  receive an identical error on XP Pro w/ver1 C240.