Re: Sansa Updater fails to download files.

EPIC FAIL! tried to update 3 times my BRAND NEW sansa Fuze 8GB. FAILED EVERY TIME AT 100%. Did not jump... just failed. managed to get the manual and the media converter from the download folder in appdata but the firmware update I cannot seem to find regardless of percent complete. Either way I WILL RETURN MY SANSA IF THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. BTW there is no manual download on the sandisk site for the new 1.001.22 firmware, just the 1.001.11 firmware! THIS IS STUPID. My brother downloaded fine on the SAME connection... What is going on Sandisk?

sorry dude. sent that message to the wrong person... lol

Hey Sandisk

I want you to know that this sort of problem and your lack of response, is why you are a third rate company who, despite having some good products, will never survive. 

iPods == tier 1, Creative == tier 2, Sandisk, Philips, etc == tier 3

Time to move up a tier and start posting some reviews, enjoy your dwindling sales

SanDisk Guru

@alex8642 wrote:
EPIC FAIL! tried to update 3 times my BRAND NEW sansa Fuze 8GB. FAILED EVERY TIME AT 100%. Did not jump... just failed. managed to get the manual and the media converter from the download folder in appdata but the firmware update I cannot seem to find regardless of percent complete. Either way I WILL RETURN MY SANSA IF THIS ISSUE IS NOT FIXED. BTW there is no manual download on the sandisk site for the new 1.001.22 firmware, just the 1.001.11 firmware! THIS IS STUPID. My brother downloaded fine on the SAME connection... What is going on Sandisk?

The correct firmware is available on this site, for a manual download. Don't bother with the updater.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

@raygeeknyc wrote:

Hey Sandisk

I want you to know that this sort of problem and your lack of response, is why you are a third rate company who, despite having some good products, will never survive. 

iPods == tier 1, Creative == tier 2, Sandisk, Philips, etc == tier 3

Time to move up a tier and start posting some reviews, enjoy your dwindling sales

If you're rating Creative's MP3 player division above SanDisk's at the current time, then you clearly are living in the past. They had some good ones in the past, but their current ones are as buggy as the View. And if the sales are "dwindling", well, the stock price rose significantly the other day.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Looking for solutions to this same problem (Sansa Updater failed to download Sansa Media Converter)  I finally solved it by manually installing the new firmware update from here:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/Sansa-Fuze-Firmware-Update-01-02-31-amp-02-03-33/td-p/139175

hint: the extracted files go in the root folder which is the folder that has Albums, Music, Audiobooks.  Just drop those two files in the space where those folders are.

Then I turned off windows firewall and kaspersky anti-virus...and any other unnecessary programs.

finally the Sansa Updater successfully downloaded the Sansa Media Converter successfully.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

What should I do I've  receive an identical error on XP Pro w/ver1 C240.