Sansa Firmware Thread

For firmware download and installation instructions just click the link for your SanDisk MP3 player below. 

Clip Sport Plus

Clip Jam

Clip Sport

Clip Zip

Fuze+

Fuze

Clip+

Clip

View

e200v1

e200v2

e200R

c200v2

c200v1

slotRadio Player

Sansa Express

1 Like

Manual firmware update for c200 v.1

thanks for adding it.

Sansa Express

Is there firmware available for the c250?

c250 belongs to the C200 family. Check the firmware version by going to Settings > Info. FW update is posted above :wink:

Is there a firware upgrade for the C150?  I have searched the SanDisk site but found very little mention of this player even though it is only 3 years old.

I am needing the updater for the m200 series. I don’t see the M series listed. I have the m240, version 2-2-5a. It has a problem with a space between each letter of each word making it hard to read. Can you help me? thanks in advance for your time.

firmware for m200 series 

This is ridiculous. I have a Sansa e250 that was given to me.

• My XP system won’t recognize it, so I can’t use the firmware updater software. 
  • Your own site says e250 doesn’t exist
  • This thread tells me to check the version in the settings to see if it says V01 or V02
  • It says neither - It says 01.00.15P - there is no V.
  • Maybe I should assume it’s ver.1 but your scary warnings make me hesitate on that!
  • And how do I know if it came from Europe, America, Pacific or whatever?

What’s your advice now? :angry:

Honestly, I think a portable media play should just plug in to USB and simply work. Why all the unnecessary complications?

@dearpeter wrote:

• Good for you. That’s an awesome gift.
  • My XP system won’t recognize it, so I can’t use the firmware updater software. 
  • If it was given to you, it likely already has the latest firmware so there’s no need to use the Updater. Even if you need to update the firmware, there won’t be any more updates, so installing the Updater is a waste of time. Just follow the manual installation directions in the firmware post.
  • Switch to MSC mode in Settings > USB Mode for easier connecting with your computer.
  • Your own site says e250 doesn’t exist.
  • Really? Where does it say this? The e250 is one of several memory sizes in the e200 ‘family’ (or series) of players. There’s the e250 (2GB), the e260 (4GB), the e270 (6GB) and the e280 (8GB).
  • This thread tells me to check the version in the settings to see if it says V01 or V02
  • V1 or v2 refers to the hardware version of the player.
  • You have a v1 model.
  • Maybe I should assume it’s ver.1 but your scary warnings make me hesitate on that!
  • You’re right, one should never assume, but according to the firmware version you listed, you have a v1 model.
  • There are different firmware versions for the different geographical locations for language, FM radio settings, etc. Choose the firmware version download appropriate for where you live. All the players are made in China.

What’s your advice now? :angry:

• Chill. Don’t be so tense. :wink:

Honestly, I think a portable media play should just plug in to USB and simply work. Why all the unnecessary complications?

If you want that, you can certainly spend mega-bucks and get an iPod that doesn’t have half the features nor expandable memory capabilities, and has poorer sound quality.

@dearpeter wrote:

• Good for you. That’s an awesome gift.
  • If it was given to you, it likely already has the latest firmware so there’s no need to use the Updater. Even if you need to update the firmware, there won’t be any more updates, so installing the Updater is a waste of time. Just follow the manual installation directions in the firmware post.
  • Switch to MSC mode in Settings > USB Mode for easier connecting with your computer.
  • Your own site says e250 doesn’t exist.
  • Really? Where does it say this? The e250 is one of several memory sizes in the e200 ‘family’ (or series) of players. There’s the e250 (2GB), the e260 (4GB), the e270 (6GB) and the e280 (8GB).
  • V1 or v2 refers to the hardware version of the player.
  • You have a v1 model. The ‘P’ indicates Pacific region (as in Asia). ‘A’ is for America, ‘E’ is for Europe w/o FM and ‘F’ is for Europe w/FM capability. And yes, the .15 firmware is old; you should update it.
  • You’re right, one should never assume, but according to the firmware version you listed, you have a v1 model.
  • There are different firmware versions for the different geographical locations for language, FM radio settings, etc. Choose the firmware version download appropriate for where you live. All the players are made in China.

What’s your advice now?

• Chill. Don’t be so tense. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want that, you can certainly spend mega-bucks and get an iPod that doesn’t have half the features nor expandable memory capabilities, and has poorer sound quality. Really, these things aren’t that complicated. Don’t look for problems that aren’t there.

First thing you should do, if you haven’t already is read the User’s Guide. It will answer many of your questions. For those it doesn’t, just ask. That’s what we’re here for. :wink:

Sorry for being so snarky. Your answers do look promising and contain a lot of info I hadn’t read in a lot of thread browsing and searching, such as the P meaning Pacific.

I soon realized the e250 was part of the e200 series, but it is true that using the site search gives “no results” on searching for e250 at this location: http://www.sandisk.com/consumer-products Results: http://bit.ly/emOy2F

I guess that is because the product was discontinued. I should have searched in the support section where it does come up. Not a big deal, but since that search box was the first place I went, and I incorrectly assumed it would search the whole site, I found that to be, well, ridiculous, though I should be more polite, yes. My bad.

I did find the User’s Guide, but it didn’t make it clear at all whether one needed to run the CD install before using the device. It seemed I could infer the opposite. I then tried the firmware updator which needed the device to be recognized first. Then the detailed instructions on the manual install didn’t match the info I could access. You’ve set me straight it seems. Thanks. I hope it works. (yet to try.)

The sound quality does impress me. I will go try the manual procedure now.

I think either the connector on the device is busted or the cable I bought is bad. I’ve tried everything recommended including this. Still no device shows up in My Computer, so I can’t copy the firmware files at all. But I’ll get another cable and try again.

There is no special driver file, right? I have deactivated several Windows services. Does this device depend on any particular ones? (I guess I’m on the wrong thread now.)

It is possible you have a bad cable. New ones can be bought reasonably inexpensively on Amazon.com.

Before you go to that expense though, you might try plugging into different ports on your computer. Back ports on desktops will provide more power and more reliable data connections as they are closer (shorter wires) to the motherboard. Front ports are convenient and personally, I have no problems with mine, but others have so try the back ports if you’re having no luck with the front ones.

Also, laptops are problematic with their constant battery conservation management. Hubs are also a no-no.

The only driver a Sansa player ‘needs’ is if you are using MTP mode, in which case the driver necessary is included in Windows Media Player 10 (or above). If you’re running XP, note that WMP 9 was included with that OS, so you may need to update if you haven’t already.

Otherwise, using MSC mode makes you player seem to your computer as any other ‘dumb’ memory device, like a memory stick, flash drive, external hard drive, etc. No additional specialized driver is necessary.

HI

I have an sansa e 250 that dosn’t works right when i turn on the device it displays load main image failed switch to recovery mode, i try to update the firmware because the device wasn’t operating i do this several times and always have the same result

when i turn in to recovery mode the version folders has this information: 

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-D

Base Code: 05.51-S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-D

ODM Ver.: S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-D

OEM Ver.: S301.0.1.47-D

Build Type: -D

Build Date: 2006.10.07

Build Number: (Build 169.31)

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-DBase Code: 05.51-S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-DODM Ver.: S301-01.01-S301.0.1.47-DOEM Ver.: S301.0.1.47-DBuild Type: -DBuild Date: 2006.10.07Build Number: (Build 169.31)

I don’t know what to do

thanks

I see that you can access the device in Recovery Mode.

Let’s try something different.  Download the following file: 1.00.12.  Connect your e200 in Recovery Mode, and run the executable file.  You will see a SanDisk splash screen on your computer, and the program will find the connected Sansa.

This application will install the base firmware on your device automatically.

Once it’s running (after the file transfers, slide the HOLD switch back to the normal position, so the Sansa will start once unplugged), your e200 will be running wiht the base firmware.

You can then upgrade this firmware to 01.02.24, the final version, following the manual installation instructions in the firmware thread.  The basic firmware is to get you running; it lacks featues like the custom EQ.

Let us know how it goes!

microsansa

As for me,after reading this thread I’ll be heading for the manual procedure now. Thanks a lot hope its not late.

Is there a firware upgrade for the C150 still available today?

I think the portable media play should just plug in to USB.

i’m looking for help for my fathers’ e260

i start it up and it says it failed to load rockbox. i just reformatted it but still it won’t work. what firmware should i get??

thank you