Sansa Firmware Thread

Tapeworm:

I start it and within 3 seconds some text flashes up and it dies

where can i find the c250 firmware? i see a “A” next to the version nomber!

Theres a link to the latest version for the c200v1 and c200v2 in the first post of this thread.

@maydad wrote:

where can i find the c250 firmware? i see a “A” next to the version nomber!

And the “A” just means it’s the American version. You will have to know whether you have a v1 or v2 model though, the firmware is different for each.

Is there a firmware update yet for the new Clip Sport?  I tried to install the Sansa Firmware updater (1.406 on Windows 7) and when it gets to the “Click the finish button when Windows recognizes your device”, clicking the finish button results in no action, the updater freezes.  

No. When it’s available, it will be posted both here in the Firmware thread and in the Clip Sport board.

Hi Tapeworm,

Nice work with your reply i’m a newbie but learnt how to go into recovery just by reading your post. I have my brother’s sansa e270 (I don’t know if it’s P, A, E or F, i don’t know how to check.) . When I connect it to the computer it says refreshing database and when it loads more than half it reboots, sometimes it writes something like  “locked, system shutdown” and it goes off.

Do you have any idea how I can fix this? Thanks

How do I know which version my Sansa e270 is?

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
ODM Ver.: S301-02.24-S301.02.24A-D
OEM Ver.: S301.02.24A-D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2007.12.24
Build Number: (Build 32.10)

What does this signify?

You have a v1 device and (the latest) North American firmware installed.

Is there a way to fix the device for it to work again?

P.S - What shows the version and firmware of the device in the Version.txt? I didn’t see he letters you said would tell which region and version it is.

gemer45a wrote:

P.S - What shows the version and firmware of the device in the Version.txt? I didn’t see he letters you said would tell which region and version it is.

Version Info: Product Rev.: PP5022AF-05.51-S3 01-02.24 -S3 01.02.24A -D
Base Code: 05.51-S301-02.24-S3 01.02.24A -D
ODM Ver.: S301-02.24-S3 01.02.24A -D
OEM Ver.: S3 01.02.24A -D
Build Type: -D
Build Date: 2007.12.24
Build Number: (Build 32.10)

@gemer45a wrote:

Is there a way to fix the device for it to work again?

You can try formatting and/or re-applying the firmware following instructions in the firmware post (link in the 1st post of this thread) and/or follow some of the tips in the other posts in the thread.

Thanks bro, I managed to get the device up and running again but strange thing is that sansa updater is asking for a certain missing file so I couldn’t update and the device is on the latest version.

The Updater will not “re-apply” the firmware; only “update” it. If your device is already running the latest, the Updater will do nothing. But it is simple enough to use the manual installation instructions in the firmware post to re-apply your fimrware if necessary.

Actually, it’s better to do it manually than using the Updater. It’s just as fast, and the Updater won’t be phoning home everytime you plug into your computer looking for an update that will never come. Beside, it’s a resource hog and slows down your (computer) system.

1 Like

Can I get link(s) to firmware download and installation instructions for the Clip Jam? Your assistance is appreciated. Apologies if this is a FAQ, but searching for

> “clip jam” firmware

returned no useful hits.

Did you look in the Clip Jam board? It’s the very 1st (top) thread.

Could someone edit the first post in this thread to

* add a Clip Jam link: latest firmware is @ http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Jam/SanDisk-Clip-Jam-Firmware-1-03-Download-and-Installation/td-p/340693

* retarget the Clip Sport link: it currently points to http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-22-released/td-p/335935 but the latest firmware is @ http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Sport/SanDisk-Clip-Sport-Firmware-1-27-released/td-p/340602

? TIA.

1 Like

why a firmware for the sansa clip jam is not listed? thanks for clariflying. is there an equivalent to it?

Yes, a link needs to be added to the list but . . . the top post in the Jam board is the firmware update to would point to if it were there. :wink:

My sandisk clip jam is stuck in an upgrade loop. How do I install firmware via the SD card?

@daveyman123 wrote:

My sandisk clip jam is stuck in an upgrade loop. How do I install firmware via the SD card?

You can’t. Not sure what it’s doing, but I would shut it down, reset it and try again.