SMC doesn't import MP3 files?

l.

When the player encounters a tag it can’t read, it classifies it as ‘Unknown’. Many people new to these devices will find their ‘missing’ music there, then start the education process about ‘tagging’ so they their music information is displayed correctly.  

Where to start!! What exactly do you mean regarding ID3 Tags? I have the problem of them not appearing in the correct place and you refer cryptically to the ‘education process’. Give us a break and actually tell us what this problem involves and the fixes. Some links would be helpful too. I have actually tried to get a neat little utility - 1st MP3 Tag Editor - to check out the tags and they are fine, complete and dandy. They are are set to ‘read’ and ‘save’ MP3 tags levels 1 & 2 which you would have thought covers all the bases. I really don’t want to whinge but I am so dreadfully disappointed with the Scandisk experience generally. Saying that the hardware is superb but the software / MP3 Converter (doesn’t work - bugs - even having my firmware scanned by the website utility) is just so, so poor. And as for tyring to get third party video converters to support the <Video DivX, 224 X 176, 20 fps - format> …impossible so far. I have wasted many, many hours on all of this and it is I really think someone senior at Scandisk should take the long walk because the programe is just so poor and amateurish. And incidentally, have had many MP3 players - some chinese ones too - and they are genuinely easier to use. Life is too short - sort it out Scandisk!!!