Problem with conversion

Ok, I’ve read like 20 posts that seem to be similar, and after following instructions I’m still having the same problem.  I’ve downloaded a .flv.  Converted it to .wmv using a separate software.  Now I plug in my e280v2 and start SMC.  I import the file and click convert.  The conversion bar gets to 100%, but the other bar stops at 49%.  It doesn’t seem to matter how long I leave it there, it will not finish.  I’m extremely frustrated at this point.  Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Try converting it to .avi rather than .wmv using your other software. The v2’s like .avi, where the v1’s prefer .wmv.

Thanks a bunch! I tried converting to mp4 this weekend and that worked for me.  I’ll give the avi a try too!  Much appreciated!

Tim

Is there a file format I can convert to using my other convert software and then drag and drop video files to my sansa fuze?

@justme123 wrote:

Is there a file format I can convert to using my other convert software and then drag and drop video files to my sansa fuze?

There was one person here around the first of the year who found a program that would convert it completely enough that he could drag & drop straight to his Fuze. I don’t remember what the name was, but I do remember it wasn’t free. I think it cost around $30 US.

Another conversion program is key to success, but except for this one instance one must always use SMC as the final step.