Need a Sansa e250 firmware

My Sansa e250 firmware some how got lost while plugged into my pc while loading up music files. I turn the power on, get an illuminated ring & black screen. Only way to shut it down is to hold power button down .

Is there a link where I can download the e250’s firmware? I don’t recall the version, my guess V1. Purchased about five years ago, otherwise, it was a good player.

If I get this player to work again, I will need a e250 software for my pc.

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

The steps here should work for you as well.

@jprzybilla wrote:

My Sansa e250 firmware some how got lost while plugged into my pc while loading up music files. I turn the power on, get an illuminated ring & black screen. Only way to shut it down is to hold power button down .

Is there a link where I can download the e250’s firmware? I don’t recall the version, my guess V1. Purchased about five years ago, otherwise, it was a good player.

If I get this player to work again, I will need a e250 software for my pc.

Truthfully, I don’t see a physical way this could happen.

You can get the firmware here.

There is no PC software available/needed/required for any Sansa MP3 players (unless you’re looking for video conversion software).

Thanks for your quick response. These are the steps I have done thus far: moved butoon to hold, powered down, unplugged usb cable, held record button in while plugging usb cable back in. Display came up as: " Welcome to Recovery Tool" below it: usb cable connected, enter usb2.0 MSD mode.

When I click on: My Computer icon, it will now show: 16MB-FORMAT (E:).

Is there something else I should be doing? Right now, I get the black screen/blue illuminated ring with the above message.

Thanks,

Jerome

I’m not certain if I lost the firmware, but I did lose all my files on my player. This all happened after I connected a new external hard drive into the front usb next to the mp3’s player usb plug-in, computer then displayed: All Data Lost!

Thanks,

Jerome

@jprzybilla wrote:

When I click on: My Computer icon, it will now show: 16MB-FORMAT (E:).

Is there something else I should be doing? Right now, I get the black screen/blue illuminated ring with the above message.

Download and extract the firmware .zip file for e200 series v1 players in the post I linked to earlier. Once extracted, drag the files to that 16MB folder & drop them there. Disconnect form the computer and the firmware should load.