I need firmware updater that is going to WORK!!!

Most of these posts are so old and with technology being as it is…always changing, I am not finding a way to solve my problem. I have the Sansa 8.0 vs1 e280. I have downloaded the firmware suggested for this particular device. The software I have downloaded is the Sansa Updater 1.211. I have no idea if it is the most recent or the firmware that works with my device. All I do know it that my device in two years has never been updated. Perhaps it doesn’t need updating. It isn’t working correctly though. I can no longer down load audio books in WMA format. I used to be able to all the time. I was hoping updating the firmware would fix this issue.

When I prompt my Sansa Updater there is a message in grey that states “No Sansa product has been recognized”. This is with my player plugged into the computer. Under this message is another one in orange that say “Plug in my device and wait for more instructions”. My device is plugged in. Why is it not being recognized? How can I get the updater to work?

Please HELP!!!

Posting the same thing all over the forum isn’t going to help. _ You’re _ the only one who can help you. You might want to see the response to your duplicate post here.

Posting the same thing all over the forum isn’t going to help. _ You’re _ the only one who can help you. You might want to see the response to your duplicate post here.

Well person who assumes and judges another before hearing all the details. I actually reposted this inquiry because I noticed my first posting was placed under the WRONG category. I did not know if my first posting would fall into the great abyss or actually get answered when listed under the wrong category, so I reposted it under the correct category. I don’t know how your business works. Unlike you…I don’t ASSUME anything…thus the reason for the duplicate post. 

I didn’t double post in the hopes of getting a reply faster. So STOP ASSUMING AND JUDGING. It is wrong, not professional and lacks all integrity.