Firmware update

I have updated my Sansa with recent firmware, i have problems with Volume and when put to normal i can hear a feeble sond and nothing more.

can i revert back to original settings?

Do you live in Europe? If so, recent gov’t. restrictions forced a reduction in volume on portable music-playing devices sold there. The newer firmware updates instituted these volume limitations.

But . . . you don’t have to revert back to an older f/w version. You didn’t say what model of player you have, but the ‘work-around’ is the same, regardless. See this post.

Now you can “Rock On!”

Smiley

Hey thanks for quick reply.

I am in india and device I have is from South africa.

I feel that player has got messed up now.

It has got version .31 on it after updating.

I basically use radio and music much, sometimes videos.

Now when clicking on sub menu button while playing music, its not going back to list of songs and also some of menu items are missing.(I am not sure but)

I dont feel better and need to fix this mess as i love listening to music always and without that i am feeling bored.

Have you tried restoring the Factory Settings and choosing ‘Rest Of World’ as instructed in the linked-to post? You’ll probably have to reset your radio settings as well to get the proper frequencies for your geographical area.

I have tried but it didnt work.

I have browsed through forum and did all steps and still same problem. :frowning:

indrakumard wrote:

I have tried but it didnt work.

I have browsed through forum and did all steps and still same problem. :frowning:

And you’re sure the plug for your earphones is plugged all the way in? Sometimes the jack can be very tight, especially when new. Try giving it an extra little push with a twisting motion and see if it seats any better.

Of course this assumes your earphones are new and/or OK. It couldn’t be a broken or twisted wire, could it?

I did push headphones firmly, this is one yr old one and no hassles.

Still the same issue.

Do anyone have a solution for me?

I am still havind my player unsuable…

@indrakumard wrote:

Do anyone have a solution for me?

I am still havind my player unsuable…

You could try formatting it. I don’t know whether it will work or not, but it might be worth a try. There’s a Format function in Settings > System Settings on your player.

Note that any songs, etc, you have already put on it will be erased during the formatting process, so make sure you have back-ups of those files on your computer so you can re-transfer them afterwards.