[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

How the hell is the View a “mature product”? I have dairy products that are older than that.

:smileyvery-happy:

I think it is mature because they realized they can’t actually fix it with a firmware update. 

They can. Or at least they can help with the Rockbox project. (so can you:wink:)

Take it easy, time is money and since the web has been so kind to inform its viewers in the last few months with the news of Sandisk being in the process of being bought you should just wait patiently. Sandisk has not really said anything on the matter.  Remember that good things come to those who wait, and if your desperatly in need of new firmware, go help out at rockbox. I have latest firmware and i have no problems, i never did. No freezing, no shuffle problems, computer always detects it etc. and with wraparound file viewing being added soon, its looking ok.

how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO

@specnaz01 wrote:
how do you know that wraparound will be added soon? oO

And let me add:  after you answer that question, can you also point us to the acquisition news?  I have a vague feeling that I read something somewhere, but a 5-minute google search turned up nothing (except that Sandisk has some interesting new SSD technology coming down the pike).  :frowning:

-Matt

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/349/C16101/

Here’s a story I found, with a very telling picture.

Thanks Zach!  I’m having that “OH YEAH!” feeling.  Samsung…right…  Now where did I see it…?

-Matt

I really wish for a FOLDER VIEW in the next release.  I had an E260 with Rockbox on it just so I could have folder views on it.  I can’t find any of my music on this view at all and whenever they release rockbox for this I’m definitely switching to that unless the Sansa View can finally figure out how to make it work.  I don’t have time to memorize every song or artist to figure out what I want to listen to and some days I feel like listening to certain types of music but since the SANSA MASHES ALL SONGS TOGETHER I’ll never find what I want and end up skipping 10 songs for every 1 that I want to listen to at that time.

In MTP mode, you can easily make playlists out of your folders in Windows. Once connected, go to your music folder, right click on the folder. In the context menu that appears, choose “create playlist”. A file named “New Playlist.pla” will appear. Name it what you want (that name will appear in your playlist section on the View), and place it in the playlist folder. You can then double click on the .pla files to open a simple playlist editor. You can dragg other files to it, change the song order, etc.

One other way of getting around you problem is to edit the “Genre” tag on your MP3s so that one type of music always has the same “genre” name. That way, if you want to listen to a certain type of music, it will be in the Genres section.

When I first got the View, I was longing for a folder view just like you. I think that is because we are simply used to working like that, not because it is better. Once you get used to it, the View has many good way of organizing your music.

V. 

Since loading this overtime I pause while listening to a book it turns off and reverts back to where I started listening since I turned it on that time.  Is there a way to revert back to the previous firm ware?

Yes. Search the Forum on how to revert to the old Firmware.

Message Edited by yelped on 01-03-2009 05:13 PM

Haven’t been on here for months and nothing new. Still no update? Darn. My View is hanging up like crazy. XP

Is the Sansa View still a current product?  Over 6 months without a firmware update is quite awhile.  This product REQUIRES wrap-around scrolling!  This should be included immediately.  I love the product otherwise but this is a major gripe.

Well, it should be a current product, but for some reason, SanDisk decided not to update the firmware, although there is still hope since they didn’t officially stop, although I would doubt future updates.

I’m going to have to go back to 1.01.06 again, I think. This firmware wasn’t giving me much trouble stability-wise, save for the odd occasional lock-up, but I swear, the battery metering has just gone insane in this thing.

On the plus side, things are looking good for firmware version 1.00.00!

Message Edited by Loonie on 03-07-2009 06:47 PM

Yeah no kidding this version stinks! Battery life is abysmal and meter is useless. Just now went to use it and its telling me dead battery. It showed about 3/4 full when I was using it just 2 days ago!!! Never buying Sansa anymore!!  Version before this locked up all the time and the version before that wouldn’t play videos.

Hi guyz.  I emailed this msg to Sansa Tech Support last week:

Email Date:05/08/2009
Sent to:support@sansa.com
Subject:Re: Sansa View Navigation Issue
I recently purchased a Sansa View with firmware version 1.03.02A . As many other users have noted, there are serious usability issues esp. when comparing the View to the e200 v2 series.   Navigation … fast forward and rewind … through long audio tracks is unacceptably slow … especially for 2 or 3 hour long lectures and podcasts!  With the e200 v2 series one could navigate quickly and easily through long audio tracks in seconds with the scroll wheel using the “scan through song” feature … which enabled the rate of advance to accelerate rapidly. Is this issue being addressed in the next firmware revision? Or is it a hardware limitation? Please let me know as it will influence my decision as to whether to keep this Sansa View or exchange it for another brand of media player.    Thank you.

This is the response I received today:   SanDisk Response: (05/12/2009 04:51)

Hello,  Thanks again for calling SanDisk Technical Support.  It is our goal to make sure you have all the resources you need to get the most from your product.

I strongly suggest to post your concern in our forums firmware suggestion thread since our firmware developers are always checking on it. They may give you information about the firmware release future enhancements.

Please refer to your eBox anytime to see additional resources from SanDisk.

Also, you can visit http://kb.sandisk.com, our online keyword searchable Knowledgebase, to easily find answers to your Technical Support and Customer Service questions for all of SanDisk’s products. Simply enter your search terms and our Knowledgebase will search an extensive database of commonly asked questions as well as our online forums at SanDisk Forums to provide you with the most complete answers possible.   Best regards,  Richard B D.

Is this the “firmware suggestion thread” they are referring me to?  Several folks on this thread have suggested its been quite a while since anyone at SanDisk has appeared here to give any updates, and that the latest firmware version, mine, is buggy and inadequately supported, maybe even terminally unsupported.  Did Sansa Tech Support just simply lie to me?  Is this forum being completely ignored?  Are they likely fairly soon to fix the FF, Fast Rewind, wraparound, battery meter & battery life issues, etc., with a new firmware release?  Or am I just dreaming?  Should I just return the thing while I still can?  Thanks.

If anyone from the the Sansa firmware development team is actually reading this thread, please respond NOW, so we can all see we are actually being taken seriously as customers, heard and supported

There has been no new firmware released for the View in over 10 months now, so everyone has assumed they’ve given up working on it. Likewise, no one from SanDisk had made any “official” statement (here in the forum or anywhere else) as to whether or not they are working on any new firmware for it.

I’d say, if you can return/exchange it, then do so and get a Fuze instead.