[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

@craigp wrote:

I emailed customer service with a reminder that the most recent (now several months old) firmware did not fix some of the problems that have persisted since the View was released.

Here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

We would like to thank you for pointing this out to our attention. We have already forwarded this information to the proper personnel for review.

As of now, we cannot give you any precise answer concerning the matter you have presented but rest assured that the assigned department will greatly consider it for our product improvement.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,

Not too reassuring.

I realize the phrase du jour is that the View is a “mature” product.  Common sense suggests we’ll never see another firmware update, and if we do, it won’t have the bells and whistles that other units (e.g., the Clip) are getting.  Still the fact that the View is prominently placed on the Sansa product website suggests either (a) they are hoping to shamelessly dump a unit they have no desire to support, or (b) it is still in their product cycle, and is just getting less development/support attention then the other units.  

Call me a fool, but I’m still hoping for option B.

-Matt