[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

Good god… are we STILL beating this dead horse?

Hehe! Always! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Heya Eddie! *waves*

They sold us this dead horse, I think we are entitled to beat it as long as we like, hell it’s our horse now.  

I think we established that this is a outside company’s fault (which is going to launch a very hot, underperfoming chip tommorow).

Mine says “Sansa” on the front, on the USB cable, and “Sandisk” on the back.

So who’s responsible for selling all of us a piece of **bleep** and not supporting it?

Oh, of course… not the company whos NAME IS ON THE PIECE OF **bleep** IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Horrible.

poorglory wrote:

So who’s responsible for selling all of us a piece of **bleep** and not supporting it?

Oh, of course… not the company whos NAME IS ON THE PIECE OF **bleep** IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Horrible.

Sour grapes make for a fine whine. You coulda kept 'yer money in 'yer pocket, 'ya know.

@poorglory wrote:

Horrible.

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 04-13-2010 02:40 PM

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 04-13-2010 02:41 PM

Should have given it to a better company in exchange for a better product.

My mistake was assuming Sansa stands behind their products. No post anywhere on this board shows me otherwise. So take your sour grapes and shove em.

As a Sansa “Guru”, exactly how are you representing the company? Not very well, apparently. Quality public relations, for sure.

Message Edited by poorglory on 04-13-2010 02:54 PM

Nice deletion. Way to save your ass.

“OMG, hit it again. I saw it twitch!!”:smileyvery-happy:

Sadly mine sits here on my desk collecting dust. Using a ZuneHD for now, however it too has its own issues. MS support is not much better than Sansa’s, but still better. At least they haven’t just abandoned ppl …yet. They even just released a update that added support for a few more vid formats so am hopeful at least.

Really is too bad Sansa just dropped the ball, support wise, once they had their new product out. If they hadn’t done that my next player would of probably been another newer Sansa. The way they just started acting like the view didn’t even exist any more killed any faith I had in future support from Sansa.

Message Edited by bratboy on 04-13-2010 05:13 PM

Message Edited by bratboy on 04-13-2010 05:14 PM

If not the View or the ZuneHD, whats another good choice for an mp3/video player?

The Cowon S9 is real nice.  not a single problem with it.  and they regularly update the firmware to add features. 

It is a real cop out that sansa’s hands are tied about updating the firmware.  They continue to sell the view knowing that it does not work as advertised.  I’m not sure if they are still selling them, but they were at least a year after the last firmware.  That tells me they don’t care about their customers.  It will be a long time berore I try a sandisk product again.

Definitely go with Cowon.

I’ve gone through two views. I own a sansa clip, one of the older sansa players, and I had a fuze until it got stolen. The fuze was a great little device and the clip is an amazing little beast, but I can’t say I use it that much because it’s over shadowed by my Cowon s9. I got the s9 after my fuze got stolen :(, and I got the clip to use when I work out, but lately I just bring my s9 because I lost my FiiO E5, and the clip isn’t powerful enough on its own IMO. The s9 truly is the best sounding mp3 player out there. The new Sony X comes close, but it really comes down to preference. I’d even go as far as saying it IS the best mp3 player out there for those that are truly into an mp3 player for that sole purpose, being an mp3 player. IMO wi-fi isn’t necessary when you can get it on your phone. There’s no point to have it on an mp3 player too.

The battery life is ridiculous, it’s sexy, EVERYTHING about it is customizable in entirety. Since I purchased it I have gone through about 8 different main menu interfaces, 3 music interfaces, 3 radio, 2 video, and 2 picture viewers, and 3 browsers. Shoot, I’ve even gone through 4 different fonts. I can NEVER get bored with it because I can transform it into a completely different player whenever I want. The reviews that you may find on it really don’t do it justice. CNET basically rips it apart and claim that the ipod touch is the best out there. I feel like Apple pays them off or something, but that’s a little off topic. Anyways, sound quality wise, you won’t find any better. The s9 is now gapless. The interface has sped up dramatically, and we even get a Jet Audio 3.0 upgrade.

I haven’t even gotten around to the AMOLED screen. I have yet to see any piece of technology, be it a laptop, cell phone, mp3 player, and up until recently even TV’s with a better looking screen. It’s absolutely unbelievable. Cowon has truly done an amazing job. And if this isn’t enough to impress you, the Cowon J3 is coming out really soon! It’s basically an s9 with an internal speaker, micro SD card slot, and a bit better build quality. 

So if any of you guys are looking for an alternative to Apple, you can’t go wrong with cowon. The s9’s screen makes the itouch look like old technology, and after listening it for so long, listening to an ipod is unbearable. Even with my Yuin OK2 earphones, the sound quality of an ipod is trash.

I apologize if it seems like I’m just rambling on and on about it. I’m not really good at reviews. I can definitely say that I’m going to be sticking with Cowon for awhile. I won’t be purchasing the J3 because I really don’t want to part with my s9 right now. I can’t wait for the next big thing that Cowon comes up with though!

Just to clarify things, I’m not leaving Sansa or trying to bash them as a company. I’m going to continue purchasing from them because overall I believe that they are doing a pretty good job, minus the View.

Message Edited by LWKING on 05-01-2010 02:12 PM

Sansa View Firmware is NOT working with my new Windows 8 computer operating system. Will there be an update for those of us using Windows 8 now?

@alabammer wrote:

Sansa View Firmware is NOT working with my new Windows 8 computer operating system. Will there be an update for those of us using Windows 8 now?

Considering the fact that the latest f/w update for the View was well over 4 years ago, I’d say the chances are slim to none.

Having said that though, a player’s firmware controls the player only. It has nothing to do with the OS of the computer you’re using.

J’ai Windows 8 et mon Sansa View est parfaitement reconnu.

Avant de brancher ton sansa sur le PC va dans " Plus / paramètres / Options / Parametres Système / Mode USB / Détection Auto et pas sur MISC, là tu branches ton sansa et il apparait dans l’explorateur de fichiers.

PS: Ne t’inquiète pas si quand tu copies un fichier de ton PC vers ton lecteur windows te dit qu’il ne pourra pas être lu, il le sera.

Je ne sais pas ce qu’il s’est passé je ne comprends ce message pourtant c’est moi qui l’ai écrit !! ?

I was loading some music using windows 10 on my view which I have not used in a while. I thought I ws formating the microSD car in the slot, but it was the wrong size. WIndows 10 gave me access to some area that was 41MB that I clicked on and formated. Now the View is not booting at all. I can not get any access to it.

Is there any application that can push the firmware back into the device? Or did I just brick a working unit from an explorer window?

It now shows up as a “Tango Digital Media Device” in the device manager.

This was a fairly common topic with other Sansa models of that same era but I don’t recall if any people experineced it with a View.

Here’s a search result that you can ferret through and see if any solutions/tips help you. Good luck!

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&filter=location&location=category%3Amp3&q=Tango+Digital+