[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

Ok, all my problems solved. Have tried a lot of things, even formatting the Sansa and/or the SD-card, of course !

1. Songs falling in “unknown album” :

* Check the MP3 tags of these songs. In my case, all badly tagged songs had a binary character in the “artist” name , this character is seen as a little square at the end of the text. It can be seen (under XP) by right-clicking on one MP3, properties, “résumé” in French (don’t know in English), “Advanced” and check Artist, Album, Song name. These binary characters may not be properly shown by some MP3 tagging tools. When the tags are clean, the Sansa works normally.

1. “Database updating” freezes :

* Wait. Sometimes you need 10 minutes to update it but it always finishes.

1. 16Go SD-card not working

* Use a card reader and format it (with XP for example) in FAT32 format. For me it solved the problem (card was never seen and now it’s OK).

1. Multiple entries of the same song :

*  One directory has too much entries. Keep every song directory with less that 200 songs inside. For example, split your “800 songs from the 80’s” directory in 5 to 10 directories. Every time I started my Sansa View it was taking 3 minutes to update the database even if nothing had been changed. In fact it was re-scanning always the same songs, adding them more and more times. Now it’s finished, the message about the database updating stays only 3 seconds.

1. After 10s the ernergy saver shuts down the backlight, this is normal. But when the light is off the display is not refreshed. When you move the wheel or one button, you see the song which was played when the light switched off and not the current one. Unfortunately, no solution against this bug. 

Config : Sansa View 16Gb + SD-Card 16Gb

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by J-Luc on 03-22-2010 02:00 AM