[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

>still a ton of bugs

yes ! My 16G Sansa view is almost full of correctly tagged MP3. BUT :

• For one album, 10 songs are in the good album, 4 are in “Unknown Album”. Why ?

• In several album the same song is present 10, 20 times ! 

• Several albums have songs from another one and sometimes the title and the image.

Nevertheless, the Sansa View has a very good sound and very long autonomy (compared to my iPod video). But almost unuseable.

J-Luc wrote:

>still a ton of bugs

yes ! My 16G Sansa view is almost full of correctly tagged MP3. BUT :

• For one album, 10 songs are in the good album, 4 are in “Unknown Album”. Why ?
  • In several album the same song is present 10, 20 times ! 
  • Several albums have songs from another one and sometimes the title and the image.

For some reason, I doubt this. You should download MP3TAG (free) and check them all. Your View is looking for ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tag format. Remove anything in the Comments field.

@tapeworm wrote:

For some reason, I doubt this. You should download MP3TAG (free) and check them all. Your View is looking for ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tag format. Remove anything in the Comments field.

I re-taged all my files because I have several German Songs with “üöä” , Italian and French. None of those non-ASCII charackters are printed.

Ok, you are right. I have corrected some file names and album names. Some had a strange square (binary character ?) in the “Composer” tag and by cleaning them some propblems are solved.

BUT I have discovered that all the files which are on the 2G expansion SD card are duplicated each time the database is updated (each time I power-up the Sansa View).  If I power-up it 10 times, I have 10 times every song of every album present on the SD card, leading to very very long lists in albums !

I am working on this issue…

J-Luc wrote:

Ok, you are right. I have corrected some file names and album names. Some had a strange square (binary character ?) in the “Composer” tag and by cleaning them some propblems are solved.

BUT I have discovered that all the files which are on the 2G expansion SD card are duplicated each time the database is updated (each time I power-up the Sansa View).  If I power-up it 10 times, I have 10 times every song of every album present on the SD card, leading to very very long lists in albums !

Well, that shouldn’t be happening. I’ve never heard that one before. Might want to try formatting both the View and the memory card and start over. Formatting will erase all content (not firmware or operating files though), so you’ll have to completely re-load everything. Yes, that can be a hassle & time consuming, but if it fixes the issue it would be worth it.

@j_luc wrote:

If you find a solution, please share it. I tried a million different things, but the result is: The uSD card is useless, at least for Songs. Maybe videos/photos, but I do not use the Sansa to watch such.

@tapeworm wrote:

J-Luc wrote: BUT I have discovered that all the files which are on the 2G expansion SD card are duplicated each time the database is updated (each time I power-up the Sansa View).  If I power-up it 10 times, I have 10 times every song of every album present on the SD card, leading to very very long lists in albums !

Well, that shouldn’t be happening. I’ve never heard that one before. Might want to try formatting both the View and the memory card and start over. Formatting will erase all content (not firmware or operating files though), so you’ll have to completely re-load everything. Yes, that can be a hassle & time consuming, but if it fixes the issue it would be worth it.

What ? You should check the forum. It has been reported quiet often. And it happens very constantly. 

Oh, yes. I tried to reformat, I reloaded my 16GB of songs. I even tried to reformat it under windows.

Nothing, really nothing helped. The firmware is in this regard ■■■■.

Ok, all my problems solved. Have tried a lot of things, even formatting the Sansa and/or the SD-card, of course !

1. Songs falling in “unknown album” :

* Check the MP3 tags of these songs. In my case, all badly tagged songs had a binary character in the “artist” name , this character is seen as a little square at the end of the text. It can be seen (under XP) by right-clicking on one MP3, properties, “résumé” in French (don’t know in English), “Advanced” and check Artist, Album, Song name. These binary characters may not be properly shown by some MP3 tagging tools. When the tags are clean, the Sansa works normally.

1. “Database updating” freezes :

* Wait. Sometimes you need 10 minutes to update it but it always finishes.

1. 16Go SD-card not working

* Use a card reader and format it (with XP for example) in FAT32 format. For me it solved the problem (card was never seen and now it’s OK).

1. Multiple entries of the same song :

*  One directory has too much entries. Keep every song directory with less that 200 songs inside. For example, split your “800 songs from the 80’s” directory in 5 to 10 directories. Every time I started my Sansa View it was taking 3 minutes to update the database even if nothing had been changed. In fact it was re-scanning always the same songs, adding them more and more times. Now it’s finished, the message about the database updating stays only 3 seconds.

1. After 10s the ernergy saver shuts down the backlight, this is normal. But when the light is off the display is not refreshed. When you move the wheel or one button, you see the song which was played when the light switched off and not the current one. Unfortunately, no solution against this bug. 

Config : Sansa View 16Gb + SD-Card 16Gb

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by J-Luc on 03-22-2010 02:00 AM

Not totally solved, SD card which was ok is yet no more seen by the Sansa View… :angry:

It is a 16G SANDISK and it does not work. With a 2G (other brand) it’s ok. 

We NEED a funtion to reset the database and re-run an analysis of the sansa memory. Formatting the device and copying 16G of data each time there is a database corruption is not funny at all !!!

Message Edited by J-Luc on 03-21-2010 04:07 AM

FLAC support (like fuze) would be better

I found another bug! Put sound to zero and you’ll hear a song that plays!

Good god… are we STILL beating this dead horse?

Hehe! Always! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Heya Eddie! *waves*

They sold us this dead horse, I think we are entitled to beat it as long as we like, hell it’s our horse now.  

I think we established that this is a outside company’s fault (which is going to launch a very hot, underperfoming chip tommorow).

Mine says “Sansa” on the front, on the USB cable, and “Sandisk” on the back.

So who’s responsible for selling all of us a piece of **bleep** and not supporting it?

Oh, of course… not the company whos NAME IS ON THE PIECE OF **bleep** IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Horrible.

poorglory wrote:

So who’s responsible for selling all of us a piece of **bleep** and not supporting it?

Oh, of course… not the company whos NAME IS ON THE PIECE OF **bleep** IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Horrible.

Sour grapes make for a fine whine. You coulda kept 'yer money in 'yer pocket, 'ya know.

@poorglory wrote:

Horrible.

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 04-13-2010 02:40 PM

Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 04-13-2010 02:41 PM

Should have given it to a better company in exchange for a better product.

My mistake was assuming Sansa stands behind their products. No post anywhere on this board shows me otherwise. So take your sour grapes and shove em.

As a Sansa “Guru”, exactly how are you representing the company? Not very well, apparently. Quality public relations, for sure.

Message Edited by poorglory on 04-13-2010 02:54 PM

Nice deletion. Way to save your ass.