[Firmware] Sansa View Firmware 1.03.02 Download

Yelped, you sound like you have a job application in at Sandisk. :wink: :smileyvery-happy:

Let us know how that works out!

No one is going to “stop protesting” (unless they just give up that they wasted their hard-earned money on a product that doesn’t do as was promised). They shouldn’t. You are *supposed* to get what you pay for. We didn’t. Simple as that.

Maybe if all the dissatisfied owners spread the word loud & long, something would get done, but I doubt it. At least it might  help stop others from making the same mistake. :wink:

…Too bad “the lemon law” only covers vehicles…

Message Edited by shadow98fl on 05-28-2009 12:48 AM

Message Edited by shadow98fl on 05-28-2009 12:50 AM

I for one an very dissapointed over Sansa’s handling of the situation. The whole idea of updateable firmware is so they can fix the problems ppl have. Instead it seems they just want us to write off the money we spent and then give them more for a Fuze. Not going to happen. I will put my money where my mouth is and take my business to another company that will actually stand behind their products.

Which one that is I havent decided yet but I certainly am not going to reinvest in a company that basically has said “screw you, were not going to fix the existing problem”. Money is way too tight these days to just throw it away on crappy support.

I dont own a view… I bought one and then returned it in favor of 2 connects. However the realization must hit the owners of any product that eventually they get discontinued or at the very least that when new products come out the old products take a back seat. I doubt very much that threats about taking you money elsewhere will resonate at Sandisk, when the Clip and the Fuze sell so well. I also doubt very much that publicity stunts by users will achieve anything. I feel for you all, but I have to laugh sometimes at just how mad people get over an object that in the grand scheme of things is really not important. When will Sandisk make an official statement about the future of the View? Nobody but Sandisk knows. Will they release a firmware? I doubt it. Also keep in mind that there were people using players before you that got treated the same way, and there will be people in the future in this same boat. I hope for those of you who have spent your hard earned dollars that some news comes but I wouldnt suggest holding your breath or wasting said breath ranting and raving and threatening to leave. 

I just gave up on the View. I took it in to BestBuy for a 8GB Zune, which was signifigantly cheaper, and bought the 2 year product plan and two energy drinks. The Zune works much better; no waiting for the stuff to be written after you disconnect, awesome software, and faster scrolling. I love it! Here’s the kicker: they have support! I’m not trying to convert y’all to the Zune, but with better pricing I can’t really sing of the View, except for the…uh…SDMHC slot. Thats the only thing the View has over the Zune.

Conversionbox,Oh trust me I do understand that things fall by the wayside. That doesn’t mean I have to be pleased with how Sandisk is handling thing. I bought my players just before the bloody Fuze came out and paid a preimium for it expecting at least some support. I contacted Sansa about some issues and was told “oh we plan to make a new firmware that will fix a lot of the issues” and I trusted they were telling me the truth. Then just a month or so after I bought the darn things, after the window to return them closed, Sandisk comes out with the Fuze and their behavior is almost like they  never even made the darn View.

I realize my money probably doesn’t mean much to a company like Sansa but it doesn’t preclude me from at least expressing my dissapointment in how they have handled the matter. If nothing else if they had plannned to just abandon the View it would of been nice if they had considered offering some sort of upgrade path/offer for ppl stuck in the middle. Instead they don’t even bother to ackowledge that ppl are upset and thats what makes me mad more than anything. In this day and age customer service is a real make or break thing with just about any company and Sansa has dropped the ball, so to speak. 

Message Edited by bratboy on 05-28-2009 05:13 AM

@bratboy wrote:

Conversionbox,Oh trust me I do understand that things fall by the wayside. That doesn’t mean I have to be pleased with how Sandisk is handling thing. I bought my players just before the bloody Fuze came out and paid a preimium for it expecting at least some support. I contacted Sansa about some issues and was told “oh we plan to make a new firmware that will fix a lot of the issues” and I trusted they were telling me the truth. Then just a month or so after I bought the darn things, after the window to return them closed, Sandisk comes out with the Fuze and their behavior is almost like they  never even made the darn View.

I realize my money probably doesn’t mean much to a company like Sansa but it doesn’t preclude me from at least expressing my dissapointment in how they have handled the matter. If nothing else if they had plannned to just abandon the View it would of been nice if they had considered offering some sort of upgrade path/offer for ppl stuck in the middle. Instead they don’t even bother to ackowledge that ppl are upset and thats what makes me mad more than anything. In this day and age customer service is a real make or break thing with just about any company and Sansa has dropped the ball, so to speak. 

I completely understand… I had the same thing happen with a $2,000 laptop. And Im not saying you dont have the right to complain, in fact sometimes thats what gets things done. What I am saying is that going out and writing letters to magazines or bashing the company on here, or (what really bugs me) threatening to go get another player (regardless of if you actually do), will do nothing to help. I think the mass call needs to be made for an official announcement that way this whole thing can be put to rest.  

miltst,

I highly recommend the Cowon S9.  I finally gave up on the View and bought the S9 and it is teriffic.  Imagine firmware updates which actually add features not originally included in the player.  Also, it still seems odd that when I hit pause I don’t have to wait 2 minutes before it finally pauses.  The cover art and song info is actually for the song currently playing.  I can skip tracks without worrying the unit will freeze.

@yelped wrote:
SanDisk, unfortunately, cannot do anything to help you, for a certain reason…

And that “certain reason” is what? 

It’s our money.  Don’t we deserve to at least know why things are this way?

I sure wish I had found this site two days ago before I purchased my View.  I’m here because  even though I can connect to it and transfer files and music to it, the screen is completely blank.  I normally research first and buy later, but it was such a good price. Ackkkk!

Come on Sansa. For the love of all that’s … well, anything… If you’re not going to do a darn thing with the View anymore, at least hand over all the Firmware / hardware information to Rockbox, so people can make a better OS for the system. Rockbox for the e200 series is superior to what you developed for the device is so many ways. I would love to see what could be done with the View.

You’re leaving a ton of people angry and frustrated with your lack of support. If your goal is to drive people to another brand of player, then congratulations, you’ll succeed. If you want to keep anyone around, then show some love to the people who were willing to give you a shot.

I agree with you. If view had rockbox, Sandisk probably would not have as many people mad at them as they are now. I have purchased a couple of views and they and they have many glitches. Rockbox would be a step up for the view. I also agree with "us the customers trusting sandisk when we purchased the view but later to regret finding out that it has all of these problems that were just given up upon and they moved onto  making a new brand of mp3 players.

i agree seriously… i was gonna go with an ipod but my friends sansa looks nice and then i looked up the different modules when i came across the view at first it seamed like the perfect mp3 player for me but when it came the battery was completely dead and when i charged it until it said 100% battery power it lasted for only 4 or 5 hours so i thought it was just my battery and i was gonna just get a new one but then i read online about alot of people having the same problem as me… then i found out it was the firmware version i had and thought ok ill just update it…i found the update…downloaded it…it seemed really nice…then a few hours later battery dead and i went on my computer to see the battery power 45% and the view wouldnt turn on…so i thought ill just downgrade but when i was reading about all the bugs of the earlier version i thougth theres no way im gonna do that…now im hearing that there might not be a new update AND IM STARTING TO GET REALLY P.O’D AND SANDISK WHY DONT THEY JUST MAKE A NEW FIRMWARE THAT MEATS EVERYONES DEMANDS THAT WILL MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY INSTEAD OF JUST BAGGING IT WHAT KIND OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THAT… so im just thinking about saving up and getting an ipod or something else but i dont think im gonna try the fuze cause i dont want the same thing to happen twice or i can just wate and see if there is a new update(i dought it) and stick with my view.

Very sadly I have to agree.

To me it looks like the view is completely abandoned by it’s manufacturer. I paid a lot of cash for that player- it’s surely in the premium mp3/mediaplayer segment.

And then the company basically acts like “We got your money now, go and die.”

For me, personally, this has destroyed the trust I once had in sandisc as a company, and I will refrain to buy any of their products in the future, no matter how good they may seem. This is because I cannot trust that company anymore to act professionally.

I know this won’t make the company any sleepless nights- but they may think about what happens when many feel the way like I do now.

Jazzer- Well said!

well said jazzer

Let’s make this an open letter to SanDisk: Hey guys what are your SW-developers doing all the time ? How long is it since the last firmware, 1 year ? So IMHO this has been enough time to fix the open bugs, but nothing happened.

Please, if you abandon this player, help the Rockbox community to port Rockbox.

Still open bugs:

• Entries on an microSD card appear multiple times: Every time a new file is added, the files added before appear one more time in the list.

• It still takes very long to boot with an microSD card fitted (I use 8GB). Hey guys, ever heard about hashes ?

• Still no wrap arround possible (I volunteer to help you with this, just send me you navigation code !).

• Update-bar freezes.

• No detection of removed files: Warning appears: “Missing track” and that’s it, no reaction anymore. But the entry is not even removed from the data-base after a reboot :frowning:

• Font error: All texts are bold, only the “Aktuelle Wiedergabe” isn’t ??

• Shuffel on the all tracks freezes (nearly) the GUI which makes it nearly unusable.

Not yet verified: UTF8 or UTF16 ID3 Tags not working (at least I have no success).

BTW: I still prefer it over an iPod, but SanDisk doesn’t make it ease …

Cheers

42BS

Message Edited by 42bs on 08-09-2009 04:40 AM

@42bs wrote:

Let’s make this an open letter to SanDisk: Hey guys what are your SW-developers doing all the time ? How long is it since the last firmware, 1 year ? So IMHO this has been enough time to fix the open bugs, but nothing happened.

Please, if you abandon this player, help the Rockbox community to port Rockbox.

Still open bugs:

• Entries on an microSD card appear multiple times: Every time a new file is added, the files added before appear one more time in the list.
  • It still takes very long to boot with an microSD card fitted (I use 8GB). Hey guys, ever heard about hashes ?
  • Still no wrap arround possible (I volunteer to help you with this, just send me you navigation code !).
  • Update-bar freezes.
  • No detection of removed files: Warning appears: “Missing track” and that’s it, no reaction anymore. But the entry is not even removed from the data-base after a reboot :frowning:
  • Font error: All texts are bold, only the “Aktuelle Wiedergabe” isn’t ??
  • Shuffel on the all tracks freezes (nearly) the GUI which makes it nearly unusable.

Not yet verified: UTF8 or UTF16 ID3 Tags not working (at least I have no success).

BTW: I still prefer it over an iPod, but SanDisk doesn’t make it ease …

Cheers

42BS

Message Edited by 42bs on 08-09-2009 04:40 AM

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GSoCSansaView

@marvin_martian wrote:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/GSoCSansaView

Hmm, no link in the SansaView wiki ?Or did I just miss it. Anyway thanks for it.

I’m just so disappointed in this product, I’m going to go review the View, and SanDisk along with it, on several big retail sites.  Hopefully I will spare somebody else the frustration of the View.

I plan on using 42bs’ list of bugs in all my reviews, thank for posting. 

One more “bug”: No seamless-replay :frowning: